Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new Games

Options
  • 12-12-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

After years and years of gaming I decided to stop buying new games.

I know people have been doing this for years and to be honest I really dont know why I didnt follow suit. I bought Left 4 Dead last week, brought it home and played it for 3 hours. I put it back in the box and brought it back to the shop as it was pants!

I got a credit note and decided to have a look at the 2nd hand games. The price of some of the 2nd hand games is pretty impressive. I picked up TC Modern Warfare and Rainbow six vegas (metal box) for €27! :D

If you can avoid being pulled in by the marketing machine for new games this is the way to go. Wait 6 months and then get the game for half the price if not less.

I know I am stating the obvious but just wanted to share ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

1) I though Left 4 Dead do sposed to be brilliant?

2)People will never wait (6 months) for a brand new game they are dieing for.

3)Buy your games online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

I just cant wait 6months for a game, if i know its in the shop for sale. I know i would save loads if i waited and Ive tried in the past but just cant. When a new games out i want i just got to get it with in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Left 4 Dead *is* brilliant, you just have to actually play it with other people instead of on your own, it's a co-op/multiplayer game. GOTY for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Any time I tried to hold off and wait for a game to reduce in price before buying it, I end up never buying the game because by the time it's cheap, I'm playing something new that I paid full price for.:rolleyes: At that point, whatever I waited for is (to my crazy brain) old and not worth playing. I missed out on some pretty decent titles by doing this.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

koneko wrote: »
    Left 4 Dead *is* brilliant, you just have to actually play it with other people instead of on your own, it's a co-op/multiplayer game. GOTY for me.

Exactly, its a pure co-op game. Some of the best gaming moments I have had all year have been in the last 3 weeks with Left4Dead. Sadly though I'm mainly a pc user and as such, second hand games don't really work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ha PC gaming FTB!

(For the Bin)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

My first PC was 7 years old before I upgraded it (a top of the range Gateway 333), couldn't run anything new so had to scour the bargain shelves, picked up some great games I'd never have played otherwise. Max Payne for one.

Was good for me as I got used to not being able to play all the latest releases, or having to play games at lower graphics settings, so even though my current PC is 3 years old, I'm happy enough playing Crysis or Fallout at min settings.

Or I was until I got my shiny new laptop, saw Fallout properly, haven't gamed on the PC in a couple of weeks now. Curse you, Laptor!!

Advertisement