Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rename Abroad forum?

Options
  • 12-12-2008 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I regularly have to move threads from the abroad forum asking about hotels or what to do in x place for 3 days to travel and holidays. Despite it being in the charter and in a sticky in the forum people continue to post about it there.

Is there any chance we could get the forum renamed to living abroad or emigrating or something along those lines. I don't think the current name is very clear. People think "ooh, abroad, this is about holidays abroad" and post up with the aforementioned posts asking about hotels etc.

Anyone else agree? Any suggestions?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

MAkes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah "Living Abroad" is alot clearer and keeping the word Abroad in it people will still associate it with the old name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Excellent, thanks Vex!

And good suggestion watna!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Wow - that was quick. Thanks! I heart vex :)

I can see it in the drop down menu but will it change under the list of forums Faith and moderate? Just wondering!

• Advertisement
Advertisement