Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homerun_Homer's reading log

• 12-12-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'll start from recently read and go backwards;

The Watchmen - Alan Moore (first graphic novel I've ever read, in anticipation for the film)

Rant – Chuck Palahniuk
    I gave up on this ¾ of the way through because I just can’t stand the style of his books anymore. Too contrived, all the character quirks and traits. The formula worked with Fight Club and Survivor but he’s worn it thin. I read what happens on Wikipedia and I’m glad I stopped reading.

The Stranger – Albert Camus
    Excellent book, I can see why so many songs were inspired by it. It’s on the list to re-read.

The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold

Harry Potter Books 6 & 7 – JK Rowling
    Never read books 1-5 and didn’t like the 1st film when I saw it originally but I was made watch them and told how intricate the books were with the details and I finished the series off in book form. They were so good I wished I had read them from the start.

In Cold Blood – Truman Capote
    Fantastic, even if he did make up/twist and contort some of what went on or was said by the towns people.

Lunar Park – Bret Easton Ellis
    Love this book. It’s his easiest to read and most exciting novel.

Ham on Rye, Women, Factotum, Post Office – Charles Bukowski
    Great books though Women wasn’t very interesting.

Can’t remember everything so some favoured books of mine;
    Perfume – Patrick Suskind
    1984, Animal Farm – George Orwell
    American Psycho, Rules of Attraction, Less than Zero, Glamorama – Brett Easton Ellis
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – Ken Kesey
    Survivor, Fight Club, Invisible Monsters – Chuck Palahniuk
    Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit – JRR Tolkien
    Come as You Are (The Biography of Nirvana) – Michael Azzerad
    Heavier Than Heaven – Charles R Cross
    Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides

Books that had potential but were just ok or just plain disappointing;
    Dracula – Bram Stoker
    On The Road – Jack Kerouac
    Diary, Lullaby, Haunted – Chuck Palahniuk
    Chemical Pink - Katie Arnoldi
    Jennifer Government - Max Barry