Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Centre Sale (TVs) ?

• 12-12-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the sony centres have decent sales in post christmas/january period?
    I'm looking for a new full HD tv (with MPEG 4 tuner) possibly the KDL-40W4500 which they have for sale bundled with a blue player and 5 free rays at present for 1500 euro

Any idea if the price will come down in the sales.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

thejuggler wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the sony centres have decent sales in post christmas/january period?
    I'm looking for a new full HD tv (with MPEG 4 tuner) possibly the KDL-40W4500 which they have for sale bundled with a blue player and 5 free rays at present for 1500 euro

Any idea if the price will come down in the sales.

In a word, no.

I priced a particular Sony tv this time last year and found my best price at €1600, in Soundstore in Cork. The Sony shop had a price of €2000 but they had a PS3 thrown in, before Christmas, as part of their deal. Funnily enough, when I arrived in the January 'sale' the Sony Centre had the same tv for sale, still for €2000, but without the PS3! I told the sales assistant about the €1600 price I had found and he just shrugged his shoulders! I couldn't believe it. I just walked out of the shop, shaking my head, thinking that the Sony shop is the most expensive place to buy Sony products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Thats telly has been reviewed as the best 40" around by What Hi-Fi. Its €1399 in power city including free 350 blu-ray player. Is the BD player in Sony centre the 350 or the old 300 model? You can buy lots of BD movies online at 2 for £18, and you get huge choice here
    Boo

PS Power city will usually bargain a bit with you or throw in something for free.

Boo

I just walked out of the shop, shaking my head, thinking that the Sony shop is the most expensive place to buy Sony products.
    I don't walk out any more...
    ... I don't walk in. Staff know little or nothing about Sony products.

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Garth The Good

For what its worth i bought a 40w4500 and got the free blu ray player last month from power city ( did the rounds and powercity the best ) and they threw in some bits and pieces hdmi cable and cheap wall mount its the biz and would recommend it highly:D:D

For what its worth i bought a 40w4500 and got the free blu ray player last month from power city ( did the rounds and powercity the best ) and they threw in some bits and pieces hdmi cable and cheap wall mount its the biz and would recommend it highly:D:D
    Is there an echo in here:D
    Am only jealous cause I only have a HD ready 40". But the Ps3 connected to the DA2400es AV Receiver makes a mighty punch with some of the BD titles. Watched all of band of brothers on BD last week and there was bullets hitting all of the walls in the living room.:eek:

Boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

try richer sounds in belfast, best prices when i got my tv, they have a forum on commercial interation here

Advertisement