Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Tottie

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

fatal wrote: »
    Now now lets not get too cocky miss.....
    Alot of the girls in UCD aren't even all that folks.However,its always nice to see some eye candy around exam time.Makes it easy to remember things for exams sometimes;)

How am I being cocky? This person stakes out the entrance of a library floor. I am to assume he has some 'tottie' radar and hence only looks up when he senses a hot girl is approaching? I don't think so.

Therefore he must look up to see who is coming a fair amount of the time and may be looking at me and people in my course. I'm not implying that I'm sufficiently tarted up/pretty for him to be looking at me.

I'm not a nun but I'm not a piece of meat either. My disapproval isn't based on my gender.I mentioned this thread to my boyfriend and he said the OP sounded like a weirdo.

It just makes me uncomfortable to think that some guy is watching girls and judging them on appearance alone, I'm surprised he hasn't bored a hole into the girl's bathroom.

Its fine to watch and laugh at guys like Zack or Slater on TV and if people walk around dressed like Kelli then it is logical that they will attract male attention. But this isn't an American TV highschool, not that many people dress like Kelli and not everyone enjoys being judged and looked at in such a predatory fashion.

If this guy was 50 I doubt people would be so accepting.

Its not flirting if the other person doesn't know they're being looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sarchasm wrote: »
    It just makes me uncomfortable to think that some guy is watching girls and judging them on appearance alone, I'm surprised he hasn't bored a hole into the girl's bathroom.

Its fine to watch and laugh at guys like Zack or Slater on TV and if people walk around dressed like Kelli then it is logical that they will attract male attention. But this isn't an American TV highschool, not that many people dress like Kelli and not everyone enjoys being judged and looked at in such a predatory fashion.

Welcome to the fifties! Population: you.

It might not be flirting if the other person doesn't know they're being looked at but equally so it's not viewing someone in a "predatory fashion". Janey Mac, are you a Daily Mail subscriber? Most of your post is garbled, prudish waffle.

How dare these men with their thoughts think things about women. What are they doing, allowing hormones to influence them or something? And do you know I bet some of them even fantasise about these women and probably do so WITHOUT PERMISSION. Can you believe it? Bunch of perverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

How am I being cocky? This person stakes out the entrance of a library floor. I am to assume he has some 'tottie' radar and hence only looks up when he senses a hot girl is approaching? I don't think so.

Therefore he must look up to see who is coming a fair amount of the time and may be looking at me and people in my course. I'm not implying that I'm sufficiently tarted up/pretty for him to be looking at me.

I'm not a nun but I'm not a piece of meat either. My disapproval isn't based on my gender.I mentioned this thread to my boyfriend and he said the OP sounded like a weirdo.

well to be fair,internet forum is for weirdo:( or nerds?geek?pick your word

so eh...by your logic if someone else come on to you and say 'hi i think you are cool may i know you' = they are hitting on you?

^ya get the sentence above?no?nor did i :Dcaused' that is probably to extreme to 50's people like us and just like your comment ,doesnt make any sense. seriously who would think OP really stakes out the entrance of a library floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I'll make sure to wear a sign next time I'm in the library that reads " I'm not making an effort for your benefit, I just felt like wearing these clothes today and actually brushing my hair " or " Don't gawk at me please, I don't need the attention".

Would that stop you perving on me and my friends?
    How am I being cocky?

Do i need to elaborate or does that answer your question?
    Just to get you off your high horse, given that you and your friends are UCD girls and me finding the majority of them average at best,I probably wouldn't even bother looking at the bunch of you a second time.It'll take alot more than a "don't gawk at me sign" to impress this guy;)
    I mentioned this thread to my boyfriend and he said the OP sounded like a weirdo.
    Your boyfriend is either so whipped that he won't admit to looking at attractive girls,or hes straight out lying to you.You pick which it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Shut up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eire4life

good job you, problem is your analogy is about 20 years too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

19thomas-600.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement