Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tens machine

• 12-12-2008 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

anyone going to use a tens machine. I see them online for 70 euro. There are also tens slippers for sale?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I rented one with my first pregnancy, bought one online this time (fifty something euro, will check where it was for you if you're thinking of buying). I'll let you know in a few weeks if it was any good or not ;)

*Edit*

http://tinyurl.com/5c4t4p

This is what and where I bought - seems to have gone up in price a bit, it worked out at just under 61 euro including 3 extra sets of electrodes and delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Used on I had bought online for both of my labours (both babies hitting 9 lbs mark), found it absolutely fanastic. On labour No.1 used just TENS, breathing exercises and about 5 mins of Entox (Gas), on No. 2 just Tens and breathing exercises.

If you have a med/high tolerance to pain anyway I would definitely recommend TENS, or to if you have a long labour I'm sure it would get you thru' the earlier stages before you need the drugs :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Quackles wrote: »
    I rented one with my first pregnancy

Mind me asking where you rented this from? Was it online or from the hospital? Or a pharmacy perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

It didn't work for me :( I must of used it wrong coz i've heard lots of women swear by it...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Mind me asking where you rented this from? Was it online or from the hospital? Or a pharmacy perhaps?

You can rent them from boots but it's about 80 euro as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

You can rent them from boots but it's about 80 euro as far as I know.

Pricey alright :) Had a look on eBay and we could buy one for that price, must check the quality of course.

Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement