Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with BT and Flickr

Options
  • 12-12-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on 3mb package and have constant problems uploading photos to Flickr. Fails every time. Used to work fine when I last tried (about 6+ months ago). I lowered my MTU on my router to 150 and I was able to squeeze in a couple of low res photos, but that fails now too.

Problem seems to be on upload only. I have no problems uploading photos to my own web-server. I'm using a Netgear DG834G with latest firmware. Any point in upgrading the router? Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

For using the flickr upload util I very much doubt upgrading the router will change anything, in addition you shouldn't need tyo setup portforwarding or anything like that.

Actually is it the upload util or via the flickr webpage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Both. I've tried every Flickr upload tool available. The MTU size has been reported to cause problems in the past with Flickr, but like I said, I reduced it to 150 (from default for PPPoE networks of 1492) but it hasn't helped.

I don't have any issues with other upload based apps (BitTorrent, FTP uploads, etc). My upload stats are:
    Connection speed: 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation: 7db
    Noise Margin: 13db

Advertisement