Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed with Hairybaby t-shirts

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

I know it's Christmas and they are busy but having to wait 9 days before they can ship my order from Kinsale to Cork isn't ideal is it. They stopped taking orders for Christmas on Monday 8th December. There are US companies still taking orders for Christmas. Almost all internet companies ship on the day the order is placed or the next day.
    Of course I was charged for the order about 5 minutes after I placed it.

Those t-shirts better be worth the wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and its a consumer issue because???? You placed an order knowing the lead time and maybe they want to ensure everyone gets their order before Christmas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How is this a consumer issue, your complaining about a company policy that is in no way against the law, maybe the want to stop taking orders on the 8th so that workers won';t have to work right up until christmas and they can get decent holidays and be with there familys.

Sure its unlikely but they can do what they like :)

US Banks print pictures on cheque books of nice landscapes should I complain that BOI don't :p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

+1:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

9 days is a bit long to hold off on shipping, they must have been swamped with orders. A good thing to stop taking Christmas orders on the 8th if thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

TheDriver wrote: »
    and its a consumer issue because???? You placed an order knowing the lead time and maybe they want to ensure everyone gets their order before Christmas?

I didn't know that at all. I thought the package would be delivered within 7 days which I assumed meant that it would be delivered almost straight away like other companies do. I thought 7 days was just to allow for postage delays.

Then I found out that they would ship the package in 7-9 days and it would be delivered to me after that. That is way too slow in my opinion considering that most companies manage to send thing half way around the world in less time than that.

So it's probably a case of poor customer service rather than a consumer issue.

I aslo find it annoying that they can charge immediately but not ship for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

sunnyside wrote: »
    I assumed

That's the problem right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

TBH I've only had great experiences with Hairy Baby & I've ordered from them at least 10 times.

I find it good that they realise their limitations and have stopped accepting orders so they can cater with the ones they have already. I assume these are Christmas presents - and they've told you you're going to recieve them before Christmas?

jhegarty wrote: »
    That's the problem right there.

I know, I wasn't reading the small print, but it is reasonable to expect the same service you get from other internet companies. Maybe they should have employed more staff for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

it is reasonable to expect the same service you get from other internet companies.
    Expect, maybe. Its also reasonable for companies to be able to decide for themselves how they want to do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

If you're in that much of a rush, I'm sure you could drive to Kinsale and collect them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

just saw some of the tshirts on the seoige show on rte there, every one watching must have logged on to the site cuz its down now.

Big loss of revenue for them if they stopped taking xmas orders on the 9th and the site is getting hammered now but as said at least they are upfront about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Maybe they make their t-shirts to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anngee

I am concerned about Hairybaby - I ordered items on the 7th and are still showing as 'pending' and obviously credit card has been charged. The phone is off the hook.
    Has anyone got any reassurance for me on this ? I really dont want to have to do my christmas shopping all over again!

Same problem as I was posting about, they are a very reputable company so I am confident we will get the t-shirts eventually. They appear to have received more orders than they can cope with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

sunnyside wrote: »
    Almost all internet companies ship on the day the order is placed or the next day.

eh no they dont, ive ordered 3 items on different sites in the last month, english irish and american, the payment went through on all the next day,
    but non of the orders were posted or shipped the next day, all were roughly posted after 5 working days. so i 100% disagree with you, and if your posting to ireland that last day to post is 19th of dec, so they obviously stopped taking orders for xmas because they could not guarantee delivery before christmas.
    nect time order earlier.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Now I'm really annoyed.

They promise shipping in 7-9 working days. Today was day 9 and I have not received an e-mail to say my order was shipped.

I sent an e-mail to ask but got no reply.

I rang them but they are not answering the phone.

There is a recorded message on the answerphone saying to send an e-mail if you need to contact them.

I needed to post my t-shirts tomorrow at the latest to make sure they arrived for Christmas and that's not going to happen now.

And I won't be at the address it's being posted to after Monday for 2 weeks so if it is delivered then I won't be there to sign for it.

Do I have any rights here. Surely I deserve a discount or something for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

TBH if they are advertising very early dates to ensure that they arrive ontime then i wouldn't care but the fact that it hasn't arrived on the date it's supposed to would have me pretty effin miffed!!!email them and ask for a phone number to call and to talk to a real person and not a computer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I ordered a t-shirt a few days after the 8th and it arrived a couple of days ago. I did think it took a long time to ship it out, and I did mention to someone that I would have been better off driving down to Kinsale to pick it up but the t-shirt arrived in plenty of time.

Advertisement