Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Matt or Gloss Spray for a Ford Focus Wing Mirror

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had to change my passenger side wing mirror for a 99 Ford Focus. I got a spare Wing for €20 from a scrap yard. But it had a Silver back. I want to spray it black so it will match the Drivers side but im not sure which paint to use. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I think Black gloss was what the non colour coded ones were on the Mk1 Focus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

EPM wrote: »
    I think Black gloss was what the non colour coded ones were on the Mk1 Focus

Nope. The non colour coded ones were a one piece black plastic design. The colour coded ones have a painted insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

maidhc wrote: »
    Nope. The non colour coded ones were a one piece black plastic design. The colour coded ones have a painted insert.

Ya its a one piece Mirror anyway, I thought id be able clip off the Colour coded part but its all one unit. What spray should i aim for? Its a green Focus, any idea what the name/Code the green is on a 99 Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Get them to mix up the paint for you in halfords. I'm not sure if they do more than just touch up pens when matching paint though so ask for yourself.

Advertisement