Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bin Burned :( - what next?

• 12-12-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

Last night my green was burned. Around 1:30am neighbour banged at my door to alarm me. The bin was burned out completely. I called Gardai and they said that there was a lot going on in the city and somebody probably thought it was a good prank to set fire to the bin, especially easy that it was full of cardboard.

Do you have idea what should I now? My landlord suggested to call Waterford Corporation but there's no answer on their phone. Is there any other way to get green bin? Or maybe someone has spare one somewhere?

Thanks for help :)

Kris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Scumbags!! will you have to pay for a replacement now? was it close to your house? would there have been a risk of any part of the house from the fire?

sorry to hear you were hit by scum :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The corpo should provide you will a replacment. Just keep at it or e-mail

environservices@waterfordcity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

Thanks. Emailed them. Will see what happens.

The bin was put out for collection on Friday morning so it was outside house, but very close to my car. If it was not for the neighbour, my car would probably be gone now :/

I checked the inside this morning and only the top layer of cardboard and plastic is burned. Definetely someone put fire to it :(

And I thought I lived in a quiet estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Sorry to hear about your problem. Thank god there are still people left like your neighbour to balance out the amount of utter scumbags that are in the world. Can't believe someone thought that would be a 'prank.' Thank god you or your car wasn't hurt.
    I don't think it matters where you live anymore there's always going to be bad pockets everywhere.

fudark wrote: »

You probably do, it only takes some passing low-life who doesn't even live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

mike65 wrote: »
    The corpo should provide you will a replacment. Just keep at it or e-mail

environservices@waterfordcity.ie

Just got email from the City Council. They'll replace the bin for €20 or €10 (new or second-hand) and they'll collect the burned one.
    One problem solved, then.

Thanks a lot,

Kris

Second hand bins? For a 10nner? Hmmm I see a market (you didn't see me write that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

fudark wrote: »

Thats what they want you to think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

get the money off the landlord for new bin. Its upto him to sort it out

Advertisement