Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firelighters

Options
  • 12-12-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone use a certain brand of firelighter, each in a plastic wrapper saying pop wrapped lighter into logs ect...... well be warned the wrapper melts fast. Im left with 3 badly burnt fingers as it melted on them and when I tried to take it off I took skin and all. Muffler no jokes Im tooooooooooo sore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What? Would I make a joke about about playing with fire and getting your fin......... :rolleyes:

Seriously though Im sorry to hear about your mishap and its good of you to post a wee warning up here for others to be careful.

Hope the fingers will be better in time to raise an old glass or two shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

neighbours wrote: »
    Anyone use a certain brand of firelighter, each in a plastic wrapper saying pop wrapped lighter into logs ect...... well be warned the wrapper melts fast. Im left with 3 badly burnt fingers as it melted on them and when I tried to take it off I took skin and all. Muffler no jokes Im tooooooooooo sore

Might be an idea to release your grip on the firelighter while it is burning.:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There's firelighters wrapped in plastic individually nowadays? :eek:

Whatever next!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

do use them ocasionally, but they are usually in a buit up fire before lighting it, ie, some scunched up paper, one or two firelighters, sticks, then brickets/coal on top, light the paper, firelighters then catch fire, and sit back

;)

hope the fingers get better

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neighbours

well I used them as it said on the box . thank the lord it was the left hand I can still have my gin &coke so Muffler thats what you can get me for Christmas lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

neighbours wrote: »
    well I used them as it said on the box . thank the lord it was the left hand I can still have my gin &coke so Muffler thats what you can get me for Christmas lol
    How about some asbestos gloves? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

This discussion reminds me of Apres Match taking the mick out of the Joe Duffy show...bit like the woman who was ringing in looking for the end of her sellotape :)

Advertisement