Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing credit cards

Options
  • 12-12-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone tell me what the simplest way to switch your credit card provider is?

Currently ive a BOI credit card that ive build up 1500 euro in debt on,
    I cant pay this off immediately, so im thinking of switching to another card provider
    With the 6 months free interest period deals and transfer the balance,
    I know i have to make sure the interest free period covers the balance transfer also, This will give me some time to pay off the debt without paying interest.

Is that there any easy way to do this?
    I don’t have any account in any other banks so can I just ring up AIB for example And say I want to switch my credit card to them?

Because I don’t have an account with them would they tell me to piss off!!
    Or would I have to open a new current with them and they would do all the rest?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi
    Can anyone tell me what the simplest way to switch your credit card provider is?

Currently ive a BOI credit card that ive build up 1500 euro in debt on,
    I cant pay this off immediately, so im thinking of switching to another card provider
    With the 6 months free interest period deals and transfer the balance,
    I know i have to make sure the interest free period covers the balance transfer also, This will give me some time to pay off the debt without paying interest.

I don’t have any account in any other banks so can I just ring up AIB for example And say I want to switch my credit card to them?

Many thanks

Pick a Card Issuer with no Bank accounts then;

MBNA
    RyanAir (just MBNA re-branded)
    Tesco (might also be MBNA)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Many thanks

They wont tell you to piss off. You dont need a current account but would probably help a bit if you did. When applying for the card you choose noramlly has the option to transfer a balance on the application form.

Click here see a list of providers who have interest free offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Interest rates on MBNA cards are much higher than those of BOI,AIB and PTSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

davton wrote: »
    They wont tell you to piss off. You dont need a current account but would probably help a bit if you did. When applying for the card you choose noramlly has the option to transfer a balance on the application form.

Click here see a list of providers who have interest free offers.

Perfect guys, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

mbna is worst one

• Advertisement
Advertisement