Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Crash on Sean Mulvoy Road

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just like all non sensationalist rumors have some truth, all stereotypes exist for a reason.

When you have two cars traveling in the same direction, one ends up wrapped around a pole and the other ends up 100 feet further on the opposite side of the road after making ****e of another car, throw into the mix both cars are honda civics, and one is clearly "supped" up from the pictures we can see, I'm pretty sure the first cops on the scene were thinking the exact same thing as alot of people on here are thinking.

There's absolutely no reason why this thread should be closed.

You are a great example of Solomon Asch Conformity Theory - You read that the 2 cars were Civics and just agree with it, rather than viewing pics/doing your own research. Only 1 car was a Civic, the other was a Levin - Can I do a case study on you? :D

The car you assume to be 'suped' up you are basing on visual appearance, which has to be the Levin as the Civic is almost un-identifable. How is a set of alloy's and a spoiler (Which could have been a factory fit spoiler) 'supped' (souped? whatever) up? Dude, it's people like you that keep The Sun and other sh1tty tabloids in business! This is not a stab at you, just an observation

Lock this thread already :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Something like this then John?
    Must have been doing crazy speeds

You have both honda's coming from the Headford road Roundabout but
    JohnCleary wrote: »
    Toyota Levin and a Honda Civic were driving up the hill towards the Statoil Station

The levin crossed the road, over the island and stopped facing the Statoil station

So this contradicts your diagram?

Folks I'll just say that it does not take massive speed to 'wrap' a car around a pole or to get yourself killed,cars are not as bullet proof as some people think.

Can't agree more. A strong person could kick a door/quarter panel in on most modern cars, you take something small and strong like a light pole and get a car approaching it at even 20mph (well under the speed limit on the road) and it'll go halfway through the feckin car

So this contradicts your diagram?

1) It's not my diagram, I didn't create it
    2) No, it doesn't contradict it, what I said agrees with the diagram 100% - Might wanna concentre on the diagram a little more, it'll become clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Locked for the time being, please don't start a new thread on this subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9896-jury-aquit-teen-causing-fatal-crash

The jury in the trial of a 20 year old man who denied he had caused the death of another young man by driving dangerously on the Sean Mulvoy
    road in the city last December, returned a not guilty verdict at Galway Circuit Criminal Court yesterday evening.

Darragh McGuigan, from 20 Greenfield's Road, Newcastle, Galway, had denied a charge that he drove dangerously and in a manner including speed,
    which caused the death of 19 year old Patrick Browne of 10 Dangan Court, Greenfields on December 12 last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement