Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone got an emachine 590 desktop computer?

• 12-12-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi

i know this is a bit off topic, but i have an emachine 590 desktop that i went to restore, and realised i only had the first restore disc, and i need the 2nd restore disc which came with the computer when i bought it, buti've lost the 2nd disc, have rang emachines and their number no longer works and the website was no use to me at all

basically am asking does anyone have an old part 2 restore disc for this computer?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

just i'm from waterford and was hoping someone from the town might have a loan of this disc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Might be worth taking a look here.

I used to work in an un-named store that sold these pc's, they were actually decent machines and I had one myself.

About half way down this site there is a eMachines Recovery Suite, hopefully this is what you are looking for.
    Even if its not it will give you details of all the components in your machine and you get then download the drivers for each of them if you decide to install a new OS.

http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/misc/misc_downloads.shtml

B~

bazual wrote: »
    Might be worth taking a look here.

I used to work in an un-named store that sold these pc's, they were actually decent machines and I had one myself.

About half way down this site there is a eMachines Recovery Suite, hopefully this is what you are looking for.
    Even if its not it will give you details of all the components in your machine and you get then download the drivers for each of them if you decide to install a new OS.

http://www.e4allupgraders.info/dir1/misc/misc_downloads.shtml

B~

hi,thanks for that link,unfortunately it didnt work,hopefully someone might have the disc,but thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Mate,

Found my discs, but they're for an emachines 820 series desktop.

If you want to give them a try you're more than welcome to them.

• Advertisement

Chochese wrote: »
    Mate,

Found my discs, but they're for an emachines 820 series desktop.

If you want to give them a try you're more than welcome to them.

definetly worth a try,if u want 2 pm me and we can sort out how i get the disc off you,that would be great,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

if that dont work, i have an xp installation disc, if you have a product code on your machine you are more than welcome to borrow it

daftdave wrote: »
    if that dont work, i have an xp installation disc, if you have a product code on your machine you are more than welcome to borrow it

thanks very much,hopefully the other disc will work.if not,i will definetly be in touch.thanks again

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Whats the exact problem with the PC that you require the restore discs, if you dont mind me asking? Im not familar with this emachines crowd so im unsure whats special about them.

If you need a hand with anything, gimme a shout and ill see what I can do for you. :) I have XP Home & Pro. I think I have vista also. So if you need these and have a serial number, ask away.

Sully wrote: »
    Whats the exact problem with the PC that you require the restore discs, if you dont mind me asking? Im not familar with this emachines crowd so im unsure whats special about them.

If you need a hand with anything, gimme a shout and ill see what I can do for you. :) I have XP Home & Pro. I think I have vista also. So if you need these and have a serial number, ask away.

basically my partner forgot the password for the computer,so we couldnt use it.so someone recommended to me 2 reboot the computer and bring it back 2 the original day that i bought it,but i put in the first restore disc and it restored to 47% and then asked for the second restore disc,which i realised then that i had lost. So i have a computer that i cant use,when i turn it on it says the emachine logo and then stays on a blank screen. My brother downloaded windows xp for me,but that didnt work at all.it didnt even read the disc,so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for all your help so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not 100% sure how the eMachines restore process works but you could download one of the bootable linux discs and see what data you can salvage from the drive. If you are putting Windows on you will need to completely wipe the hard drive first and then install Windows. This means loosing all data.

Do you have any of the discs with the computers drivers for Audio, Printers, Network etc?

At this stage maybe moving this to Computers & Tech would be more appropriate as somebody there might be able to explain how emachine restore discs operate. Someone may even have the second disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gateway bought eMachines a while back, and since then, Acer bought Gateway.

rohe: please double check that it's an eMachine, and not an e-series machine. Lots of mix-ups there. Also, when did you buy it?

Finally, give the motherboard model name. It's usally nearby the CPU/processor on the motherboard.

Oh, and what version of Windows did you have originally? I'm Thinking maybe Windows 98, or 2000? eMachine 590 is a fairly old machine, IIRC.

the_syco wrote: »
    Gateway bought eMachines a while back, and since then, Acer bought Gateway.

rohe: please double check that it's an eMachine, and not an e-series machine. Lots of mix-ups there. Also, when did you buy it?

Finally, give the motherboard model name. It's usally nearby the CPU/processor on the motherboard.

Oh, and what version of Windows did you have originally? I'm Thinking maybe Windows 98, or 2000? eMachine 590 is a fairly old machine, IIRC.

its definetly an emachine,its bout 7-8 years old,cant find the motherboard name only the serial number. I had windows 2000

i,ve posted on the computers & tech board,had a few suggestions but none unfortunatly worked,and thats the only disc i have for the computer is the restore disc and all that says is restore disc for emachine 590/790 series
    sorry my 2 replies are posted together,its just am using my mobile phone and its 2 awkward 2 seperate my replies

Not 100% sure how the eMachines restore process works but you could download one of the bootable linux discs and see what data you can salvage from the drive. If you are putting Windows on you will need to completely wipe the hard drive first and then install Windows. This means loosing all data.

Do you have any of the discs with the computers drivers for Audio, Printers, Network etc?

At this stage maybe moving this to Computers & Tech would be more appropriate as somebody there might be able to explain how emachine restore discs operate. Someone may even have the second disc.

i have erased the whole hard drive,and have tried re-installing windows,but it wouldnt even read the disc and the disc i have left is the restore disc 1 fo r it
    but thanks again for your help everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's a place in the UK that used to sell such disks for £30. Think they only sell the hard-drives with the OS on them now, due to legal difficulties with Microsoft.

http://www.gennersales.com Best advice is to ring them, and ask if they have CD's for your model.

hi.i went to pc world,and they said nothing they could do for me,but gave me the number for tech guys in dublin. I rang em and they said i couldnt get the disc,no one makes them anymore,but i could try re-installing windows 2000 or windows vista,now i have none of these,but another poster is gonna give me a loan of his disc for another emachine desktop,hopefully this might work.
    If not i will take up on your offer of a loan of windows vista and i give it a try.thanks again

I think PC world only deal with machines under warranty with them. So many a client have told me. Easier to just bring the machine into someone locally and get it sorted if its being a pain then calling somebody.

Remember with each of these loaned CDs you need a valid key associated with that operating system. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

if its an older pc vista might not be a good idea, you are gonna need at least a gig of ram and preferably 2g or more

I think PC world only deal with machines under warranty with them. So many a client have told me. Easier to just bring the machine into someone locally and get it sorted if its being a pain then calling somebody.

Remember with each of these loaned CDs you need a valid key associated with that operating system. :)

i never even thought of a valid key.thanks.

daftdave wrote: »
    if its an older pc vista might not be a good idea, you are gonna need at least a gig of ram and preferably 2g or more

true,the pc doesnt even have a 1g memory,let alone a 2g. But thanks for pointing that out,as everyone can probaly tell i,m not up to date with computers
    think the best thing 2 do is as sully suggested i,ll bring it 2 someone.
    Thanks for everyones help and suggestions and offers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Advertisement