Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Service and Rad Enquiry

Options
  • 12-12-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Hopefully someone in the know or a Plumber might be able to help or advise me. I live in the South East an rang a guy for price on a service of a gas Boiler he said 120 Euros for the gas bolier and the gas fire in the sitting room to be serviced, we are new to the area bought the house a couple of months ago the house is about 4 yrs old. I was wondering is this pirce about right or is expensive. Also recently our rad in the hallway and the rad in the sitting room they seem to be linked as they are both positioned around the same area on the hall wall and sitting room wall, these two rad were kinda not even luke warm to touch while the other rads are hot, what would be the problem with these rads, they seemed to be working fine before. Any help or assistance with any of this is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Spartan33

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

120 sounds ok for the boiler and the fire. the rads have air in them which has to released. the guy will do that while he's there - make sure you ask him of course. he might give you the key to bleed others as they get air filled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SPARTAN33

Thanks for the reply Kitser, the rads have a screw so I opened it with a screwdriver and bleed it where you bleed them so i tried bleeding them before but there still cold, they were hot before, oh well. Thanks for the advice on the price so that seems reasonable enought then? he broke it down when I spoke to him on the phone he said 70 for the boiler 50 for the gas fire so a total of 120, just wanted to me sure it is a reasonable price. I will get him to have a look at the rads aswell, do you think he will charge extra for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Have you got a price from Bord Gais?

I got them out last year to service my boiler for Eur90 and they serviced my fire for the same price.

http://www.bordgaisenergysupply.ie/htm/residential/4_appliance_servicing/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

The rads only need balancing not bleeding you only need to do that if its cold on the top, it takes a little time to do but its not that hard,:confused: you have to find out the rad that gets hot first then close the lock shield side and just crack it open then move to the next and so forth if you dont understand pm me a number and I will call, its not that hard.:confused:
    Harly :)

Advertisement