Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

They just couldn't leave it alone...

• 12-12-2008 2:37pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Pearl Jam to re-release hit debut album

12/12/2008 - 13:05:22
    Rockers Pearl Jam are re-releasing their debut album 'Ten' next year, 18 years after the band helped pioneer the grunge music scene.

The LP has sold an estimated 10 million copies in the US alone since its release in 1991 and has been certified platinum an astonishing twelve times.

The re-release is the first in a string planned by Pearl Jam in the build up to the band's 20th anniversary in 2011.

The new 'Ten' comes in four editions, each containing a remastered version of the album and a version remixed by producer Brendan O'Brien.

O'Brien tells 'Rolling Stone': "The band loved the original mix of Ten, but we're also interested in what it would sound like if I were to deconstruct and remix it. The original Ten sound is what millions of people bought, dug and loved, so I was hesitant to mess around with that.

"After years of persistent nudging from the band, I was able to wrap my head around the idea of offering it as a companion piece to the original - giving a fresh take on it, a more direct sound."

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhsnaucwojsn/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

I think it will be great.

Ten aged very poorly over the years.At least from a technical point of view.Great music though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

deadly cant wait to hear it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I liked what O'Brien did on the greatest hits CD so I am actually looking forward to hearing what comes of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Ahh....good god 18 years! ..This takes me back to the time I got it on Import CD from the virgin megastore at some mad cost, long before it was available in Ireland ( and well before the internet !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

DominoDub wrote: »
    Ahh....good god 18 years!

tell me about it... felling old now.. reminds me of ghetto blaster in the schoolyard at night during the summer with my mates and underage boozing haha.. memories... looking forward to hearing this re-release..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yeah...a school friend brought it back from an american holiday a few months before it was released here. along with a genuine waynes world cap for me!

ahh the 90's

i'd be interested in hearing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So bagging a copy of this, it's the only album of theirs i can actually listen to from start to finish without skipping a track. And while it's an awesome album, the sound quality of it is piss bloody poor. It deserves a remaster treatment.

Cue bashings from tight-asses who'd rather spend the money on booze or cigarettes now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

To be honest, I think it's a waste of money - and this is coming from a Pearl Jam super fan! I am biased as Ten isn't my favourite album anyway.

I don't think it has aged that badly tbh - Superunknown anyone??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah they re-mastering QOTSA self-titled aswell...its always been done. Whether I'll pick it up or not is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

jenizzle wrote: »
    To be honest, I think it's a waste of money - and this is coming from a Pearl Jam super fan! I am biased as Ten isn't my favourite album anyway.

I don't think it has aged that badly tbh - Superunknown anyone??!

I don't see how Superunknown aged badly, itmmay not be their best album but it's still listenable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Superunknown aged badly...???? It's still one of my favourite albums.

Why all the remastering!! Do it right the first time lol...

I think then sounds ok as is....??? Unless they'll get rid of the big drum sound...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

seachto7 wrote: »
    Why all the remastering!! Do it right the first time lol...

Fraid not, technology wasn't around to make a crisp clean sound in the early 90s. Vinyl still sounds a lot cleaner than the first 10 years worth of CDs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Cue bashings from tight-asses who'd rather spend the money on booze or cigarettes now.

i love booze and smokes:D

when i first read the start of the thread i **** myself they were gonna re-record it! re-mastering is alright,it's not like you have to buy it,i'm sure many(me included) are quite happy with the original.

Advertisement