Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Regime Advice Needed

Options
  • 12-12-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I used to be a regular casual gym goer, but due to a recent house move I'm looking to rejoin a gym in the new year. For my training to be more effective I was wondering what my best options are with regards to a fitness regime (that does not require a gym instructor) that will enable me to tone up and lose a small amount of body fat.

I'm a 5 foot 4'' female weighing 8 stone/50.80 kilos. I have a petite build and want to tone up all over. If I'm honest I ideally would like to have a similar body to Eva Longoria (before the latest series of Desperate Housewives!) :rolleyes:

I'm looking for serious advice, so if you're offended by the triviality of my question please don't respond with answers like "move to Hollywood and get 5 personal trainers!" :o

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

For getting back to full fitness, I'd suggest you go for full body routines, based mainly on compound lifts. Think squat, deadlift, bench press, pull-up, dips, military press, lunges, stiffleg deadlift, barbell row, hyperextension, things like that. You can either follow a weight session with some cardio or do cardio on separate days.

You can alter your basic routine, so that some days you do barbells and other days dumbbells, or vary your lifts a bit so that you are not always doing the same ones. Go as heavy as you can manage with good form. Pink dumbbells are for wusses.

What's your diet like? That makes a huge difference to your body shape as well.

Advertisement