Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rake ? . which method is used by sites

Options
  • 12-12-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Below are the various methods.
    Which method does ipoker/ stars use?
    Edit....Just got an answer from ipoker live support saying its the weighted-contributed rake on ipoker but the support wasnt that convincing he actually knew for sure

Poker rooms have methods for tracking rake contribution, and unfortunately (or fortunately for some players) not all these methods are accurate. One way that poker rooms calculate contributed rake is through the dealt rake method. In this setup, the rake which is taken off the pot at the end of a hand is equally distributed among all those players who were dealt in. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t even call the BB before folding: you will be allotted rake contribution. Only those who sit out or for whatever reason do not get cards miss the juice so to speak. This method offers clear advantages for tight passive rocks who shall be accumulating rake contribution and rakeback basically doing nothing and keeping their money out of harm’s way. They’ll be generating an income on the back of those who actually feed the pot with their contributions.

If you’re a rock, such tables are a blessing for you. If you’re a loose-aggressive maniac: not so much. Other poker rooms use the contributed rake method. This one’s much more accurate, though it’s not quite the real deal either. In poker rooms which use this method, the rake taken off the pot is distributed equally among those who actively contributed to the pot. If you keep on folding, and avoid putting money into the pot, you will not be allotted rake contribution, and therefore you will not be eligible for much rake back either.

The third rake calculation method is the weighted-contributed rake. This one is 100% accurate as only active players are allotted rake contribution and individual contributions are determined in a direct proportion with the amount of money players have contributed to the pot. If you stuff the pot more than the next guy, you generate more rake and you make more rakeback too. With all the above in mind, it is important that you seek out such apparently insignificant details about the rakeback deal you’re about to sign up for. Depending on your playing style, some rakeback deals can be much more lucrative then others. Rakemeback.com features such detailed information on all the rakeback deals on offer. Check out our deals page and sign up for the deal which best suits you now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

neither ipoker nor stars offers rakeback.

for other sites, I'm sure it will tell you on the site where you got that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

RoundTower wrote: »
    neither ipoker nor stars offers rakeback.

for other sites, I'm sure it will tell you on the site where you got that info.

well they have the loyalty scheme which amounts to the same thing.
    ie. points for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

This info is generally quite difficult to find I've found in the past, and it would matter for Stars and iPoker, because the number of points you are awarded depends on how much rake you generate.

e.g. on Stars "you earn points for each qualified raked hand or tournament fee paid." so it would depend on what is defined as a qualified raked hand. (I had a quick look at the T&C's but couldn't find the definition) is it based on contributing to a qualifying raked hand, or simply being dealt into it?? Then there are your multipliers, etc.

Similarly on iPoker, you get awarded points and your payments is based on these and the same questions arise. They're basically just complicated forms of RB that reward loyal players as opposed to a basic %. FT have similar point systems and the Ironman promotions to award loyalty on top of the generic (official) top rate of 27% RB. It's just a slightly different business model.

Stars points have a value (from .01 to 0.16 IIRC) so how much it costs to earn them is also important information.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

Pretty sure on ipoker you only get points when your involved in a pot so its effectively the same as the weighted-contributed rake. So if you pay $100 rake in a day and are a platinum user you would have earned say 3000 points (depending on which site) and will get $30 worth of bonus back at the start of the next month for those 3000 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

If anyone knows a loyalty program/rake back poker room that beat the best 60%+ first deposit bonus out there please let me know - I am sick of opening a new accounts every month to clear first deposit bonus....... unfortunately most rb or loyalty program only give you back 30-35% or so. :(

All it counts at the end of the day is the % you get back - I wouldn't mind it getting it back all in fpp that I can use in an online store to buy fancy stuff (ie. plasma tv, etc), if the ffp for the stuff in the shop were given out in a fair measure, but very ofter this is not the case: Ie. you need 100,000 fpp to get a Plasma TV: value of the tv 2k $, rakes paid for 100,000 fpp 20,000$....so this means only 10% rake back, again not good enough! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Ipoker is dealt.

The loyalty schemes are supposed to be capped at 30% and the ones that work it out against rake do so for both 6 max and full ring, so full ring players should look for the sites that work it out by points, as they'll get more like 50% there.

RaketheRake are usually pretty accurate if you want to know how a site calculates rake or RB.

Advertisement