Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional clothes repair ....specifically stitching.

Options
  • 12-12-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

hi folks, im looking for somewhere in sligo town that does a good job in clothes repair........prepared to pay handsomely for one particular item to be repaired.................anyone know a place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The dry cleaner's in the quayside did an excellent job replacing an "invisible" zip in a dress I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Xiney wrote: »
    The dry cleaner's in the quayside did an excellent job replacing an "invisible" zip in a dress I bought.

Thanks Xiney, for some reason i never thought of the dry cleaners as an option.............when i lived in england i brought a suit in to see if they could fix a button, they looked at me like i was from outer space..........nice to be back on the green island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Woman called Liz has an office/shop connected to EJ's suit shop

She is at it years and supposed to be well good!

elshambo wrote: »
    Woman called Liz has an office/shop connected to EJ's suit shop

She is at it years and supposed to be well good!

Thanks elshambo, all suggestions are very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

There is also a dry cleaners in Cleveragh Industrial Estate that do alterations. There is (or was?) a tailor opposite the courthouse, not sure if he's still there, but he may be better for intricate work.

Welcome back to the green land! Please ignore all ranting and raving about the lunatic ridden town. Its graaaaaaand really... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Another recommendation for the Quayside, she's excellent in there. Did some great work for us and good prices too.

thanks to sueme and magnum lady..................lol @ the lunatic ridden town comment, it cant be as bad as birmingham or bristol, the english do anti-social behaviour on a whole new level ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

If it's something expensive, Joeseph Martin is a proper tailor (as in bespoke) and would probably be a safe bet. He's upstairs across from the courts on Teeling Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

daithijjj wrote: »
    Thanks Xiney, for some reason i never thought of the dry cleaners as an option.............when i lived in england i brought a suit in to see if they could fix a button, they looked at me like i was from outer space..........nice to be back on the green island.

yer wan in there is brilliant

Advertisement