Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Before and After

• 12-12-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Who's up for a laugh and maybe help motivate some readers of this thread out there, so go ahead post your before and after, maybe cheesecake private has one ?

[IMG][/img]5757724628_e9e98ed527_z.jpg fatty mcnugget by , on Flickr
    April 08, Before

3101861521_facae5bee0.jpg

November 08, After
    Still a bit of a pouch but getting there, and a bit of a heel strike :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Great result there Woddle. I wish I had similar results but unfortunately my before and after photo's would be the same (apart from less toenails).
    nice stride there woddle but drop your shoulders!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

thats an unreal difference Woddle in such a short period of time! Well done! Dunno if Iv any photos of when I started running but will have to have a look now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Well my progress hasnt been as good as woddle

This is May

November,
    Will have to upload one in May after the marathon to see what the changes are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Fair play Shels, big difference especially in the face

• Advertisement

Woddle , Shels,

Thats some great results there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

I'll try to get a picture to this later - my pics are over a longer period of time... and all my weight centralised on my face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Before:

before_tri.jpg

After:

2544637232_b35fa22a43.jpg

2544894404_b31e166404.jpg

supper progress there tunney well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

I bet your mothers all think you looked better in the before. I can hear it now 'You're wasting away, why don't you rest tonight? Here, have some more spuds...'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think Tunney looked better before. Much more like a computer programmer. :p
    (Is that a tatoo on your ankle?) :eek:

Yep, my mother prefers the old me. If I hear the words 'too skinny' again, i'll.... go for a run..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I bet your mothers all think you looked better in the before. I can hear it now 'You're wasting away, why don't you rest tonight? Here, have some more spuds...'.

:D

Thats so true. Reminds me of a married couple who are friends of mine. He was an Olympian (and had the cut of one too) and towards the end of his career she would complain that "she was sick of her balding, anorexic husband*" coming home from training each evening. She couldn't wait for him to retire so she could 'fatten' him up.

* He wasn't balding or anorexic - just had the elite dishevilled look!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oh so it's not just me who's family think they 'don't eat enough' etc etc etc

And Krusty, I love that line, next time my mum says I don't eat enough I'll tell her if she says that again I'm going for a run. :D

well i'm not at that stage jsut yet, but i can see it coming to that in a few months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

It's so true. It's only when my mother really starts complaining about my weight I know its time to run a race as obviously the training must be going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

It's so true. It's only when my mother really starts complaining about my weight I know its time to run a race as obviously the training must be going well.

QFT - when they say in work that I look a bit gaunt, I smile inside, knowing that a good race is around the corner.

Some difference tunney, well done.
    After eating well all week, we just ordered a pizza but looking at some of the pics I think I'll only have a slice or 2 with water ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

The Before Pic
    3103019826_cd00024998.jpg

And then September this year
    3059143294_90ebf08303.jpg

that is some difference in the cheeks alright, your very gaunt looking is what I imagine your mother saying :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Brilliant thread... I'll get some pics up when I find them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Here's a breakfast I once ate in my Before days:

78023701a182635550b352333979o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Before pic taken in 2000. After pic from this years Cork marathon. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Excellent thread and that's some difference in 6 months Woddle. I have some before / after pics but I've always been a bit of a rake so no major difference :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

If people are posting photos please scale them down to a reasonable size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

Before pic taken in 2000. After pic from this years Cork marathon. :D

You must surely be on the growth harmone ... the 2nd picture is not of a 8 year old ... :P

Indeed :) A good 3 stone in the difference between pictures too. Shows what a difference decent fitness will do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Hey is that a tatoo ?

tunney.jpg

Any how.... good luck in your training.

I enter china next year, just to see if my back can take it on after my surgery. I have no picture from 2006/07 where my body gave up and gain an extra storage of 20kg of food, like a hamster.

I lost 12 KG since last year, and training going ok, the run is not coming back very well but, I won't win Kona tomorrow, so it does not matter :cool:

Actually got a few pictures.....

2000 Nice LD (france) I called "1998.jpg" but I think was 2000.
    2001 or 02 Connemara
    2006 IM UK (last picture before getting in the wheelchair :()

...... 2009 will look hopefully better....

1998.jpg

Seb (Small).jpg

pics update nov08 (9).jpg

How do you had a picture but not as an attachement ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

locteau wrote: »
    Actually got a few pictures.....

That Connemara pic is class Locteau...

• Advertisement

Hi Seb, this is a before and after article, not the other way around :-)

Sorry that's right !

I suppose getting older does not count either :o

Ok I will take the 2006 picture and compare to the IM in April..... might sucked the belly in for the picture :cool:

Hi Seb, this is a before and after article, not the other way around :-)

The other way round could be funny, i'll try and dig up my '99 Marathon photo, when all my family siad i looked so so sick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

I'll never be tall and lean; Im short and stumpy and still have muscle from kickboxing but sure how bad! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

locteau wrote: »
    How do you had a picture but not as an attachement ?

img]

thanks for the reply (RE: picture)

Marie, that's great work well done !!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great work Marie, but you had a better suntan in September 2007. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

ok here goes the first one is when i had piled on the pounds and the second one is after the dublin marathon this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

greenplain wrote: »
    ok here goes the first one is when i had piled on the pounds and the second one is after the dublin marathon this year

Hi green, I think you were nicer with the long blonde hair!!:D

greenplain you really are only half the man you used to be :D
    couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

cheers lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think I've got any handy pictures of me for a before and after comparison, but if anything I'd weigh more now than I did years ago and I'm not even close to having any excess weight on me now. Only one I can find for an "after" is this one from the marathon this year, I'm the one in red with the shades on.

I do have a picture from the London marathon back in '96 but I'll have to scan that in first once I can find it again.

Bump as promised. Come on get your before pics out for a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Hmmm. I found a picture of "fat me" but can't for the life of me figure out how to post it.
    I've turned into my father who took years to figure out the TV remote and texting and the like. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bren74

Fat me back in 2003 weighting in around 16 and half stone (yes that is a fag in my hand - 20 a day man back then) ....

and at the National Intermediates XC in Tymon Feb 09

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

bren74 wrote: »
    Fat me back in 2003 weighting in around 16 and half stone (yes that is a fag in my hand - 20 a day man back then) ....

Super stuff Bren - you win for me - I'd say you look about 10 years younger in the after. I was always scrawny so didn't lose much weight but did develop a gaunt "lollipop" head that had everyone "worried" about me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Will stick up some pics later from home...

August 2008: 18st :rolleyes::eek:
    August 2009: 12st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

mloc123 wrote: »

Thats impressive

bren74 wrote: »

Very vrey impressive well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

There's been some amazing changes to runners on this thread, fair play! If I can find appropriate pics I'll add my own, from 14 stone in '07 to a little over 11 stone today - I'm only 5'7" so that's significant!

Was flicking through Runners World earlier and came across an article on this guy (warning: crap website!), shows that anybody with the right motivation and a bit of luck can do what you guys have done - and even go a little further!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »

See attached... still abit to go for race season next year. Ignore the 'photo face' :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement