Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Before and After

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

bump

My before and after.

XL to S t-shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

rom wrote: »
    My before and after.

U Shud Black out those shorts as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My before and after.

You've lost some weight, but your face hasn't changed a bit. Hope you went with the Sierra Nevada or the Lagunitas.

You've lost some weight, but your face hasn't changed a bit. Hope you went with the Sierra Nevada or the Lagunitas.

It was all imported Dutch Heineken at the time where Sierra Nevada or Stonewell cider are the weapon of choice now. Improving what I drank was key to the weight loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Didn't realise we had one of these threads. Here's me before and on the way to after (still a bit to go :) )

0F2F12FE-9B5D-4D25-ADA5-AD4157F5FF75-930-000000F3AB917A97_zpsd1266ef0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Here is my before and after .... With a twist! !!!
    The first with the leads is me 3 months ago when my GP sent me to the cardiac unit.

The second pic was taken 2 days ago . You can see the scar on my left peck. That's where the pacemaker is located. Finally got the Ok to go back exercising yesterday evening.

I'm up nearly a stone. Going to go for 5k later. .. oooohhhh yaaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

No more white-outs please, or this is being referred to the rants thread. What do you think we're going to do? Print out an 'after' picture, cut it out into the shape of a face-mask, and visit your local bank to withdraw your hard-earned spondoolicks?

...and just to be fair...

315013.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

jaysus Krusty cover your modesty will ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Totally expected this to be a Before and After a race thread.

I was picturing a smiley, clean, non-sweaty before pic contrasted by a pic of a shell of a person covered in cuts, bruises, mud and tears, shivering in a space blanket on the side of the road with blood caked into the toes of their shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

No more white-outs please, or this is being referred to the rants thread. What do you think we're going to do? Print out an 'after' picture, cut it out into the shape of a face-mask, and visit your local bank to withdraw your hard-earned spondoolicks?

...and just to be fair...

315013.png

Guy on the left looks like he should be making finger guns :D

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Totally expected this to be a Before and After a race thread.

I was picturing a smiley, clean, non-sweaty before pic contrasted by a pic of a shell of a person covered in cuts, bruises, mud and tears, shivering in a space blanket on the side of the road with blood caked into the toes of their shoes.

I would follow that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Cloneslad through the years....I feel old.

znkFAhn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

cloneslad wrote: »
    Cloneslad through the years....I feel old.

You're disappearing:eek: Fair play to you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

some serious transformations here folks - fair play to ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Itziger

Not long before I started

sonuj7.jpg

and two years ago just after Valencia marathon

124g4na.jpg

(Bit thinner now of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Summer 2007:

38130_414720069575_1519765_n.jpg?oh=16badca1714a601441b9158a6b5e9d11&oe=544E0F0C&__gda__=1414774545_6bb01225787bfe5b5ebaee00d21c4497

Last Sunday:

10384840_10152635304923185_2865077338002428475_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do any of you guys get given out to from your better half for getting too skinny ? I'm apparently fine this year, because I'm not doing a whole lot, but last year and previous years when I'd be doing a whole lot more than I am now I'd be told I'm too thin and look sick.

Only last week I met a colleague of my wifes I haven't seen in ages and afterwards she told my wife I'm looking well now and I shouldn't be training too much, same goes from my mother in law.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do any of you guys get given out to from your better half for getting too skinny ? I'm apparently fine this year, because I'm not doing a whole lot, but last year and previous years when I'd be doing a whole lot more than I am now I'd be told I'm too thin and look sick.

Only last week I met a colleague of my wifes I haven't seen in ages and afterwards she told my wife I'm looking well now and I shouldn't be training too much, same goes from my mother in law.

Oh yeah, sometimes herself says there's not much left to get a grip of. Said I hurt her with my collarbone during a 'workout' recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Since started upping the mileage the weight (84KG to 79KG) and pants is falling off me (no more holes left in my belts and only last week had to cut a new hole!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

viperlogic wrote: »
    Since started upping the mileage the weight (84KG to 79KG) and pants is falling off me (no more holes left in my belts and only last week had to cut a new hole!)
    ah yes, nothing like a new hole:D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Great pics lads, very inspirational. May aswell throw my own up.

On the left hand side a couple of years ago before the running bug took hold. On the right pics from the last month few kgs lighter after completing my first full marathon.

QXmlSa8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Found this "before photo" this weekend. This was the one that motivated me to get off my fat ass and run. Taken during a holiday in Italy 7 years ago, I was starting to look like Michelin Man after one too many pizzas and ice creams. The "after" was during a recent track race.

316152.png316155.jpg

Running has not done much for my receding hairline though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

dna_leri wrote: »
    Found this "before photo" this weekend. This was the one that motivated me to get off my fat ass and run. Taken during a holiday in Italy 7 years ago, I was starting to look like Michelin Man after one too many pizzas and ice creams. The "after" was during a recent track race.

316152.png316155.jpg

No point holding onto the hair, shave it off. You'll gain a few seconds on that track, coming from a follicly challenged man to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

tang1 wrote: »
    No point holding onto the hair, shave it off. You'll gain a few seconds on that track, coming from a follicly challenged man to.

If you guarantee me 3 secs, I'll go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

First part of the picture is from 2004, at the 40 foot.

The second photo is from the Fingal 10K (July-14), purely for comparative reasons I had the shirt off running :D:D:D.

Still some work to do on the belly :eek:

UwBbMMa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

We're just updating our company website so we've had the photographers in again - 1st pic was from 2006 - apparently I was more fun back then.
    Think its an illusion - it's just the hair I've lost and my ears have grown :)

(Gone from c. 78kg to 65kg)

2ahq88.jpg

We're just updating our company website so we've had the photographers in again - 1st pic was from 2006 - apparently I was more fun back then.

(Gone from c. 78kg to 65kg)

2ahq88.jpg

Ah, now Paulie, I'd say one or two kilos wouldn't kill ya.

apparently I was more fun back then.

Yup, there's a definite trend of the before pictures in this thread looking "jollier" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

This story blows all our efforts away!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/get-inspired/27994073

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

This story blows all our efforts away!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/get-inspired/27994073
    That's insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

dna_leri wrote: »

316152.png316155.jpg

Jesus man, it looks like you even lost weight on your nose :)

Nice going

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

This is me in 2009 , fast approaching 18st on the left. I took up running in 2010 but only training properly really since 2012. On the right this year coming down the finishing straight in London Marathon.

316407.png316415.png

EDIT: Apols for the double post was having difficulty working out how to embed an image here. Eventually got there!

316416.png[ATTAC316418.pngH]316417[/ATTACH]

On the left this is me fast approaching 18st in 2009. On the right 14st 7lbs coming down the finishing straight in London marathon in April

RedRunner wrote: »
    316416.png[ATTAC316418.pngH]316417[/ATTACH]

On the left this is me fast approaching 18st in 2009. On the right 14st 7lbs coming down the finishing straight in London marathon in April

14 stone 7. Ya look like a skinny gard .how tall are ya?

14 stone 7. Ya look like a skinny gard .how tall are ya?

Ha ha. I'm about 194cm or 6ft 4in and a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Ha ha. I'm about 194cm or 6ft 4in and a bit!

I think you're taller than 6'4"! Aren't you? Or am I smaller than I think. I am only about up to your elbow if I am running beside you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

?type=3&theater

Not a running pic, but before and after all the same - 2008 and 2013 in the 2 photos.

16.5 stone in the before and 10.7 in the after (on the bike) with 2 marathons under my belt by that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

?type=3&theater

Not a running pic, but before and after all the same - 2008 and 2013 in the 2 photos.

16.5 stone in the before and 10.7 in the after (on the bike) with 2 marathons under my belt by that stage

Did both of you appear in American history X??!

Some change btw

?type=3&theater

Fitness works ;) or spinning in your case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

?type=3&theater

Wow that's some transformation fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

February 2012 as the michelin man & saying a prayer of thanks to the running gods as I popped my marathon cherry in DCM 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    February 2012 as the michelin man & saying a prayer of thanks to the running gods as I popped my marathon cherry in DCM 2013

Sweet mother of Jezus J, thats some transformation!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Bulmers you look 20 years younger! You should head up a campaign to get the nation running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Bulmers74; something's different - did you get a haircut...?

Incredible transformation; you have obviously put in a huge amount of work, congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

You look like your own son!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Great job there J, truly amazing achievement :)

Impressive! Nice to meet you btw on Marathon Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Impressive! Nice to meet you btw on Marathon Monday!

Cheers RR - likewise. Never got to discuss our other common interest in detail, LFC - maybe next time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

The first photo is me in 2009 on a golf holiday. I think I had already lost a little bit of weight before that :eek:

The second one is after completing DCM in 2010 after taking up running that year.

Advertisement