Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toll tags

Options
  • 12-12-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Alright, I recently got an etrip tag for my car, but I'm not sure how to install in correctly, according to the instructions I just stick the sticky bit to the windscreen behind the rearview mirror... is that right? does anyone else have an etrip tag, and have any advice for me? that means the etrip logo is facing me... is that right?

ah! :confused:

Thanks. in advance

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yes, thats right.

just following the instructions.

mine works just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Just make sure you drive between the lines under the gantry and not on them (ie dont change lanes at the toll point) otherwise the tag wont work and the endless fun and games will begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

And make sure it IS behind the rear view mirror, not next to it or below it. It should not obscure you line of sight. Im sitting in my car right now and I cannot see any bit of the tag behind the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

The back of the mirror is used to focus the signal like a sateille dish, so its so absolutely necessary to be soooo ultra precise as Berty suggests :D

Berty, you must be driving a jap yoke which has the mirror in line of sight then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Omcd wrote: »
    The back of the mirror is used to focus the signal like a sateille dish, so its so absolutely necessary to be soooo ultra precise as Berty suggests :D

Berty, you must be driving a jap yoke which has the mirror in line of sight then ;)

WELL OMCD, the positioning of it is precise to assist the tag readers. Its aimed at a specific angle so putting it behind the mirror of a standard height car is a must. Putting it on the lower window/dash or a van/truck/bus is necessary also.

It also assists in using other Toll Plazas around the country because not all tags revolve around Dubs.

The manufacturers and suppliers of the tags dont just give directions when the tag is delivered for the sake of it. It is quite important.

Jap Yoke, Line of Sight?

Audi A4 in fact but as mirrors are generally in the same location of every single newly built car.................:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 amoeba_girl

Thanks guys, so to clarify the logo shoul be facing me?

There's a little slit in the side that will be facing me, I just wanted to make sure that that doesn't have to be facing outwards...

Thanks for your replies!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,997 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The little slit is for the speaker (That goes 'beep' when the tags worked, basically). The logo faces you, the view from outside should just be blank plastic.

Advertisement