Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what printer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

owning your own printer doesnt generally make it cheaper than printing in a lab

but, if you want one of those little printers buy one of the canon selphy ones they are dye sub and as close as you will get, but the cost per print isnt that cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

I recently went from an epson printer to a canon and found a big difference in quality and running costs (canon prints more )
    The canon selphy is a good little printer but the cartridges in it are fairly small, if you want to have the option of printing A4 size and cd/dvd printing I can reccomend a Canon IP4500 if you can find one ,
    I have a canon ip4500 and I refill the carts(very easy with this printer) with high quality ink and so far the quality has been the same as the oem orignal ink,
    If you need any info on canon printers have a look at this site
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shutter Speed

The main issue is that you don't want to waste money on inks.

If thats the case you should go for the Canon Pixma MP190 printer.

The quality of the prints from this printer are amazing are supposed to last up to 100 years!:)

The MP190 doesn't drink up the ink either. There are 4 main cartridges.
    2 of the cartridges have to be replaced after 83 photos on 10x15cm Photo Paper. The other two cartriges last longer and are replaced after 122 photos.

The printer costs around €65 - and I noticed if you buy before 12 January you can claim CashBack worth €20 - if you buy from an Irish Reseller.:):)

--
    By the way, have you checked out this link below. You can upload a photo, select a printer and have that photo printed and sent to you - gives you a good idea what the prints are like.

http://www.yourprint.canon-europe.com/index.html?ctx=39&locale=en_GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

stcstc wrote: »

but, if you want one of those little printers buy one of the canon selphy ones they are dye sub and as close as you will get, but the cost per print isnt that cheap

thanks for everyone's advice. I did go for the Canon Selphy in the end, & am very impressed, we have printed off some prints that we already had printed in Boots & the Canon produced a higher quality print

cost per print = in town (Galway camera shop) I can get a print pack for 100 photo's for €35, i have found the same online for £20 inc delivery, so when you take away the cost of the printer (I did buy it as a gift) it works out OK.

Advertisement