Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g&g plastica

Options
  • 12-12-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Anyone have one? Are they any good? What are they like compared to other g&g's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I have one of there M4 plasticas.
    I have found it to be totally dependable if a little under power.
    Not by much!!! Mine chronos at 302fps.
    It is very light obviously being plastic, but is well made and very sturdy.
    Not much else I can say. I have had more expensive G&Gs, but I would highly recommend one of the plasticas.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

any more info???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

I have one too and it chronos between 320-325. It's a very reliable AEG but it doesn't have a very high rof. I will be at HRTA the coming Saturday. If you want to give it a go before buying it yourself. You are more than welcome to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It uses the same G&G gearbox that they fit in the high end rifles, also has 8mm metal bushings and is shimmed properly.
    the plastic body is really sturdy and a lot harder than other plastic armalites like the CA sportline and the older dboys stuff, there is a lot of flex in those rifles.
    there's a metal piston head in there, the piston is designed with no second tooth to allow better engagement of the sector gear, with other pistons you'd have to dremel it out but this is the first rifle ive seen with it as standard.
    they chrono in or around 300-315fps and have a good ROF, i think 15rps when i checked it.

The barrel is a bit of an odd design specific to this rifle but its fitment is the same as a normal one, this one come into 2 parts.,

all the external bits other than the body are the exact ones fitted the the high end G&G rifles that cost 3 times the price, and the Metal body is available from G&G anyway.,:)

The inner barrel is made from a light weight alloy of some sort and isn't the same one fitted in the high ends, im not sure what diameter exactly but i think its a 6.04. the hopup mech is plastic in it too.,

To strip down the rifle you only need to remove the most forward body pin and slide the top receiver off. most abs receivers don't strip like this because of the flexibility in them, they wouldn't last very long and would break just below the cocking handle, the G&G though is far tougher than the others and its nice to have it designed this way since the usual plastic receiver design is cr*p and the tabs for the rear pin are far too delicate so i prefer this way, another nice feature is the way the body retains the pins instead of them being removable, they just pop out to an extent and are retained in the body so they wont go walkies.
    the magazine that comes with the gun is the usual 450rd hicap you get with all G&G armalites, ive been using one for a year with no hassle. in the box there's a packet of G&G 1000rds .2g BBs too.,

The gun is designed to work with a 9.6v battery and there's plenty of room in the hand guard for it too.,

hope that answers some of your questions, id defo pick one over everything else in the price range., Now, back to watching "Commando"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

Thanks everyone I will defo be getting so after christmas. I was going to get a stubby but this sounds like the better choice.
    Sharad I might be there on saterday and if I am i would love to have a look:). Vtec, great info as usual.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

No problem. I am easy enough to find, look for the only Indian guy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Sorry for the hijack .I was wondering what people think of the G&G gr16 r4p the one with the one piece stock and front rails? Is it up to the quality of other G&Gs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

This is the only G n G rv hear so ill post my comment anyway.Few months back i bought a cqb-r, as expected nice build quality and materials. However last week i had it chrono in rathbegan and at the end of the day my chrono reading was only150-180fps,at the start it was only 280fps.....wow what a disappointed for a 350quid aeg. I had a mate to open up the gearbox to have the spring upgraded by at least 310-320 and upon closer inspection the gearbox is way better than TM's but the shimming is way out loose and the anti reversal latch is chipped already. next on the line will be the hop up (if i have a leak) and will try to apply 2 rubber seal to the piston instead of 1......trial and error

Advertisement