Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SONY KDL32L4000 any good?

• 12-12-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Saw this in tescos for €669. Anyone had any problems with this tv?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thats a s**t price for that tv to be honest. Its 550e in power city. Secondly, i wouldnt get that tv at all, i'd pay a bit more and get the 32V4000, a much better set, thats 600e power city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Though it's 30% back in Clubcard points at the moment bringing it down to €469. What's so bad about it? Lack of features? Picture quality?

You have to remember, though that the money back is in voucher form. Aboutt the tv itself, its main problem is that it has no form of image processing whatsoever. It is the basic model in the range and does'nt have the "Bravia engine" of the better models. To pit that into context, even the 32v4000(Which has the bravia engine) is'nt exactly brilliant with SD content so by all accounts, sd on the L4000 would look terrible.

To be honest, i'd buy online where you'd be able to get the 32v4000 delivered to you door for about 480e

where would be the best place to buy online? to get that other Tv for €480?

Here. Delivery is around 50e afaik.

EDIT: Would'nt call them the "best" but they are the cheapest on this one.

• Advertisement

Cheers mate, have you ordered from these people before?

Yes, once, and, unfortunately i had a few problems. Some mix up with the credit card transaction that took a few calls to sort out. I'd try to avoid them if i could but their prices are very good for certain things. If i was going to order from them again, there are a few things i'd do differently. 1stly, i'd order over the phone, and 2ndly, i'd use my Laser/Maestro card instead of my visa card

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

I have actually put in an order for a 32v4500 on pixmania for €617.90(with a €15 discount). Hope to have before Christmas. Works out a tiny bit cheaper than Komplett for the same TV.

Cheers for your replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Incase anybody is interested, the 32L4000 was £349.99 in Sainsbury's Newry today!

• Advertisement
Advertisement