Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal can still win everything

• 12-12-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

all they need is a few signings in January,

so don't knock them down

bendtnar can come good,

are who do e think will win the league this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Except the Carling Cup.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

bendtnar can come good

I'm sorry but that's not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

You would be asking an awful lot of them to win the league. Currently 8 points behind and 5 losses already. I dont think any team has ever won the league with more than 6 losses. They also still have to play both Man Utd and Liverpool away. I think it would be a big ask.

Sorry, Blackburn actually won the league by a point with 7 losses in 94/95 the most ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

so don't knock them down

bendtnar can come good,

That means there is a chance for Villa too!

To the bookies with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

To expect Liverpool to lose the league, Mr Arsenal1986, may be regarded as a misfortune; to expect Chelsea and United both to lose looks like carelessness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

redout wrote: »

Sorry, Blackburn actually won the league by a point with 7 losses in 94/95 the most ever.

Yeah but there was also 42 games that season.

Arsenal will win nothing this year, and you can quote me on that. As an Arsenal mate of mine said - all they'll do this year is **** up the teams at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I do believe there is an Arsenal thread.

Sorry for calling the thread police and all, but there is a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Yeah but there was also 42 games that season.

quote]

ok well then my original thought was correct then. Maybe Eduardo could give them something and Rosicky also. He should be back around the time the champs league starts back. Champs league is their best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rosicky is out till March,so no point relying on him,been out too long

Arsenal need to buy in january imo

CB
    DM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No, no they won't.

Arsenal will not win a thing. End of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

SantryRed wrote: »
    No, no they won't.

Arsenal will not win a thing. End of.

nah it's not the end of, that your opinion - no reason to think they couldn't win the FA cup, or possibly the champs league.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm still trying to figure out what the first word in this sentence is meant to be. I assume the lone 'e' is meant to be 'ye', but 'are' has me stumped. I know what it should be, but what it was meant to be is a different question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

My unbiased view is that Utd will not win the league. Chelsea and Liverpool have reached the top on lucky play and have had losses of form.

It is not impossible, but I still reckon it is a two horse race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

United will go on that usual run where they win about 20 games in a row, and come out comfortably on top I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I do believe there is an Arsenal thread.

Sorry for calling the thread police and all, but there is a place.

ah c'mon, very few non-Arsenal supporters grace the Arsenal thread, especially compared with the pool/utd/villa threads. it's nice to get a bit of banter going and exchanges of opinions with other fans now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well after boro beat them tomorrow that will be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mike65 wrote: »
    Well after boro beat them tomorrow that will be it.

close

Arsenal imo are out of the running now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I think we're out of the race for sure tbh, unless Chelsea and Utd slip up too. I don't see the point of Wenger signing in January if we're already out of it. May as well just wait for Rosicky, Walcott etc to all come back and make a better stab at it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

so don't knock them down

bendtnar can come good,

Fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

redout wrote: »
    I dont think any team has ever won the league with more than 6 losses.

I thought this had to be wrong when I read it. There are plenty of examples of teams winning the top division with 10+ defeats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1928%E2%80%9329_in_English_football#First_Division

You do know football existed before the Premier League, right? :p

I love this table from 1927/28.
    16 points between first and last.
    7 teams finish level on points in the last relegation position (Sky Sports would have had fun on the final day).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1927-28_in_English_football#First_Division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There were more games back then though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    There were more games back then though.

10 games lost a season back in the old first division was still a much higher losses to games ratio than 6 in the prem. it would be more like losing 8 games in a prem season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

10 games lost a season back in the old first division was still a much higher losses to games ratio than 6 in the prem. it would be more like losing 8 games in a prem season.

Alex Ferguson comes out with a lot of crap about how many games you can afford to lose & still win the League, so everyone seems to accept it as some kind of received wisdom.

Last season we only lost 3 games. Fat lot of good it did us as we finished third (behind United who lost 5 games). In fact, last season a team could have lost 9 games & still won the title - providing they hadn't drawn any matches.

It's not about how many games you lose - it's about how many points you get - and you drop more points by drawing 5 matches than you do by winning 2 and losing 3.

Advertisement