Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Rental over the Xmas!

• 12-12-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hey,

am thinking about renting a car over the xmas, a Ford Focus, from the 23rd of December (4pm) to the 27th of December (11am).

Anyone know of any offers?

Is it a good or bad time to rent a car? I would have thought it was a quiet enough time for them.

Thanks,

Branners
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there was an article about it in the papers yesterday.
    Car Hire firms have put up their prices up to 300% :eek:over Christmas over last months rates and the consumer assoc was giving out about it.
    Would nearly be cheaper to buy a wreck for the few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

okidoki987 wrote: »

Car Hire firms have put up their prices up to 300% :eek:

Féck that, I'll be using taxi's so, at least they only increased 8%!!!

Did the article say why it's so popular to rent a car? I thought the summer is when they cleaned up? And with all the drink driving talk I would never have thought the prices would increase at xmas!

Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Guess it's for all the people who come over just for Christmas and need a car to get around.
    According to the article, Ireland is the worst offender for jacking the rates up (there's a shock).

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I'm renting a car at the moment and its costing me €127 a week for an astra. I use http://www.argus-rentacar.com as they have a depot close by in Dublin.

I thought the post above about the rental companies jacking up their rates at Xmas was over the top until I plugged in your dates and got a quote of €301 - that's a complete rip off!

Advertisement