Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ISP is the best for me?

Options
  • 12-12-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

I regularly download around 100gb with Eircom in spite of my downlaod limit being 30gb. Now even though i've heard they don't enforce that limit i'm still a bit weary because there are entitled to change their minds, then i'd be in trouble. Think i need to change.

Are there any ISP's that would leave me alone if i download 100-200gb a month? I know lots in theory have uncapped limits subject to FUP's and what have you but in practice are there any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

corny wrote: »
    I regularly download around 100gb with Eircom in spite of my downlaod limit being 30gb. Now even though i've heard they don't enforce that limit i'm still a bit weary because there are entitled to change their minds, then i'd be in trouble. Think i need to change.

Are there any ISP's that would leave me alone if i download 100-200gb a month? I know lots in theory have uncapped limits subject to FUP's and what have you but in practice are there any?

Stop getting paranoid:)

I download much more than that and havent ever been contacted from eircom once regarding it, and no1 has ever been enforced because of high downloads

Most other DSL ISPS do enforce there download caps, BT being a example

If eircom started doing this they would loose ALOT of customers and this is the last thing they want

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

corny wrote: »
    Are there any ISP's that would leave me alone if i download 100-200gb a month?

Smart, if you can get them in your area.

Advertisement