Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies, do you wear perfume?

Options
  • 12-12-2008 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I don't, and sometimes people say it's weird.
    I have more make-up and hair products than I know what to do with but perfume? Nah.

edit- By the way, I shower daily and use deodorant so I don't smell!!!

Ladies, do you wear perfume? 62 votes

Yes I do
    0% 0 votes
    No, not bothered
    79% 49 votes
    No, I'm allergic
    20% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I shower daily and use deodorant so I don't smell!!!

Why, what happened to your nose?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah I'd feel naked without it tbh.. I'd usually just wear something light like a spritz of Inis during the day or if I go out at night I'll wear something a bit stronger.. I go through a lot of perfume :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Couldnt leave the house without perfume..

Carry a bottle in my bag too if its light.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

everyday i do.. just habit i guess
    i love gettin a new perfume (obviously choose it myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah i love perfume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Luv perfume.
    Have Burberry Weekend for women, Vera Wang Princess and good old Charlie Red which i use religiously.

But i wouldnt think some1 who doesnt use perfume is weird or odd or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Only for special occasions and/or a night out.

A dab on the insides of the wrists, on the sides of the neck, behind the knees, and between the girls.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Sometimes. I often forget, people are more likely to know the smell of my shampoo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

yep, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Everyday. Like to spray a bit in my hair as it holds the smell all day.

Usually walk though BT at lunchtime and get a top up for free :D

• Advertisement

Perfume is cancer in a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Perfume is cancer in a bottle.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yep, I do, although I only use one and it's not too strong. I don't like overly strong perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I do wear perfume. It's Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret. Despite being pricey for perfume that comes from a lingerie store, the scent wears off within a half an hour. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

wouldn't wear it on a daily basis I usually forget to put it on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I use to not bother with it, until I discovered Vera Wang Princess. I wear that most days, smells yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Always, i wear light blue by Dolce and G. It also makes me smile when the smell reminds my friends or family of me.

Always, i wear light blue by Dolce and G. It also makes me smile when the smell reminds my friends or family of me.

I love that scent! It's so clean!

I used to wear Bulgari Femme and Coco Mademoiselle. My mom loved the smell of them both, so I got them for her as gifts and now whenever I wear them my brothers say I smell like mom...:mad:bitch stole my scent!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I don't, and sometimes people say it's weird.
    I have more make-up and hair products than I know what to do with but perfume? Nah.

edit- By the way, I shower daily and use deodorant so I don't smell!!!

I used to wear perfume daily, but after being in a small room with ten women one evening, all of whom were wearing perfume, it put me off for the main part.

I use Benefits 'Touch me and try to leave' body creme, which has a lovely subtle scent. You have to be close to me to smell it, which I think is probably good.

On occasion I wear Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' scent, again because its subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wear perfume some days and not others. I've actually never bought perfume in my life.

I have the sneaking suspicion that 99 times out of 100, you're mostly paying for the name on the bottle, so I reckon I'd tend to go for unbranded perfumes if I were buying some, preferably with not so many chemicals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

fits wrote: »
    I wear perfume some days and not others. I've actually never bought perfume in my life.

I have the sneaking suspicion that 99 times out of 100, you're mostly paying for the name on the bottle, so I reckon I'd tend to go for unbranded perfumes if I were buying some, preferably with not so many chemicals.

LUSH :D

believe.jpg

https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=581&Itemid=80

Personally my favourite is
    Flying_Fox_Templ_48e0c09b75228.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i find the lush stuff hugely overpowering. even walking past the shop you get the stink from it, i dont see (smell?) the appeal at all.

personally, i wear perfume to work every day and at weekends if i'm going out.
    ive been wearing contradiction by calvin klein for years, i absolutely love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

sam34 wrote: »
    i find the lush stuff hugely overpowering. even walking past the shop you get the stink from it, i dont see (smell?) the appeal at all.

personally, i wear perfume to work every day and at weekends if i'm going out.
    ive been wearing contradiction by calvin klein for years, i absolutely love it

Each shop has the bath ballistics right by the door that is what you are smelling once you get into the shop passed them it is fine and the perfume balms are not over overpowering and you only need a dab of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Loxosceles

Yes.

Standards:
    Dolce n Gabbana Red- summer
    Dolce Blue- winter
    Estee Lauder White Linen- year-round

Best new discoveries: Juicy Couture (whoa! way, way intense) and more subtle Calvin Klein Truth

Not big on Chanel or Guerlain. Most of the new diva scents don't impress me either and disappear quickly, or worse, smell like teenage bubble gum like Britney's (AWFUL). Beckham's line is nice but a little sweet for me. Elizabeth Arden is cheaper but a couple are very nice like Green Tea Refresh (good citrus in it), Sunflowers, and very classy and heady like 5th Avenue After Five.

The only Irish scent I like is Inis classic, but it's way above the rest imo.

Right now a lot of the countrywide chemist shops that are in competition are holding mind-blowing credit crunch sales.

I finally was able to nab a couple of genuine French ambergris-based scents by Rochas that were originally priced at EUR80 a bottle, and got them for 20 each, becasue ambergris smells like old bum at first impression and a lot of modern sniffers don't realise that the scent transforms with your body chemistry. I use them sparingly because it's a bit intense and definitely the French vibe is different from Arden or D&G.

One I can't find here in Ireland is Kenneth Cole New York, and it's an absolutely wonderful fragrance, very strong but powdery and vibrant.

lox.

Does anyone know if the perfumes from La Senza have any staying power? I was in the shop today and liked the scents, plus they were reasonably priced, but I won't bother if the smell doesn't last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Loxosceles

Yes.

Standards:
    Dolce n Gabbana Red- summer
    Dolce Blue- winter
    Estee Lauder White Linen- year-round

Best new discoveries: Juicy Couture (whoa! way, way intense) and more subtle Calvin Klein Truth

Not big on Chanel or Guerlain. Most of the new diva scents don't impress me either and disappear quickly, or worse, smell like teenage bubble gum like Britney's (AWFUL). Beckham's line is nice but a little sweet for me. Elizabeth Arden is cheaper but a couple are very nice like Green Tea Refresh (good citrus in it), Sunflowers, and very classy and heady like 5th Avenue After Five.

The only Irish scent I like is Inis classic, but it's way above the rest imo.

Right now a lot of the countrywide chemist shops that are in competition are holding mind-blowing credit crunch sales.

I finally was able to nab a couple of genuine French ambergris-based scents by Rochas that were originally priced at EUR80 a bottle, and got them for 20 each, becasue ambergris smells like old bum at first impression and a lot of modern sniffers don't realise that the scent transforms with your body chemistry. I use them sparingly because it's a bit intense and definitely the French vibe is different from Arden or D&G.

One I can't find here in Ireland is Kenneth Cole New York, and it's an absolutely wonderful fragrance, very strong but powdery and vibrant.

lox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, doesnt seem to last on me though, i like the perfume in hair idea, must try it!
    and my friends swear by Lush but i walked in there last week with friends and headed straight out!, i felt as if i couldnt breathe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Rarely. And I there aren't many scents that bowl me over. I particularly dislike the entire Chanel range, especially No 5.

There was a perfume by Lanvin, cant remember what it was called, that was stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

KatCookie wrote: »
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, doesnt seem to last on me though, i like the perfume in hair idea, must try it!
    QUOTE]

i love doing this! i think its a great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Luv perfume.
    Have Burberry Weekend for women, Vera Wang Princess and good old Charlie Red which i use religiously.

But i wouldnt think some1 who doesnt use perfume is weird or odd or anything like that

Why would you? Or anyone!

Yes love perfume, wear hugo original, theirry mugler and curious mostly, but absolutly adore getting perfume as a gift!

Advertisement