Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling UPC. outraged

Options
  • 12-12-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

Where do I stand in getting all my money back from NTL over there incompetent service.

I complained to them last week over a slow transfer rate on there 10m service.

An appointment was set up for yesterday.

My connection speed and tranfer rate have got better and better since last week. I was downloading at 1m/s .

I called to cancel the tech appointment. But was told it was to late. he is coming anyways.

He tested my line outside . said there was a power issue in my output signal. It was transmitting at full power from my modem.

He pulled over the man hole cover outside and left. With out checking to see if i was running again. I had a very good sevice before this joker arrived out.

He forgot to reconnect my line. I am using a neighbor's router to write this. (also NTL which seems to work fine) .

I called them straight away after he left. I took another half day off work to wait for his return.

NO SHOW.

Again today took a half day off work to meet the tech engineer and again

No Show.

I am bubbling up inside with rage and have called the number furious .

getting some crap about problems with my modem ..

Can i cancel this pathetic service and get my money back.

who can I give out to rather than the monkeys who man the phone in UPC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lodge an offical complaint / letter
    iv had worse off eircom tbh so your not alone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

went outside to the street this morning. Open the manhole.

Just as I expected.

the connection was half screwed on and covered in mud . The fool must have been in a rush and left his sloppy work behind him.

the ass holes in the tech department insisted there was a fault in my line and nothing to do with there technician.

Just a though. but those of you with a bad signal.

go outside and clean the connections running into you house. make sure its not wet and muddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

gsxr1 wrote: »
    the connection was half screwed on and covered in mud.

Don't suppose you took a picture before you fixed it?

Always looks good (bad) when attached to a complaint letter.

ttm wrote: »
    Don't suppose you took a picture before you fixed it?

Always looks good (bad) when attached to a complaint letter.

naw. I did sent a nasty upset email though. Im just glad to have my service back now. thanks to me, not them

UPC rally have to pull there socks up with there communication skill.

The man on the phone started arguing with over the phone . He wanted to send someone out to dig up my drive way!!! I was very very upset with them last night ... Took a while to calm down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Just goes to prove what I always say (should have it as a signature if I had one).....

Everyone makes mistakes its how you sort them out that highlights how good you are.

• Advertisement

got a call today regarding the matter.

They have given me a free month and an apology for the confusion.

cant complain with that

Advertisement