Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducketts Grove lit up

Options
  • 12-12-2008 7:25pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The building is to lit up inside and a Christmas market held there this weekend.

http://www.carlowtourism.com/

The magic and fun of Christmas can be enjoyed in this unique setting, just 10 minutes from Carlow Town off the R418 Castledermot/Tullow road, the R726 Tullow/Hacketstown Road and the N9 Castledermot/Carlow road. A Winter Wonderland of traditional Christmas activities showcasing the best of Carlow from food to craft and musical entertainment awaits all visitors in the courtyard area adjacent to the main house. Featuring ceramics and knitwear, tweeds, hand crafted enamels, semi precious jewellery, hand woven willow basketry, Christmas cards and decorations, this fair is guaranteed to appeal to anybody seeking a special gift or those who prefer to buy locally designed, hand crafted, unique items . Wooden bowls, candlesticks and clocks for which Carlow is renowned will also be on sale.

On the food front visitors will be adequately catered for with an extensive range of Speciality Food Products. Such as Christmas breads, cakes, puddings, mince pies, seasonal fruit tarts, jams, chutneys, apple juice, hampers and fresh organic beef, pork, lamb and chicken, all with the Carlow stamp of approval. Tempting mulled apple juice, mulled wine and hot mince pies will keep hunger and thirst at bay throughout the afternoon while on Sunday organic home made burgers and chips will be available from Coolanowle Organics.

Adding to the atmosphere of the event will be a free Santa Lodge, Christmas Nativity Scene, 20 feet Christmas Tree and performances by Carlow based musical and entertainment groups. The Christmas Craft & Food Fair will be open to the public from 2 – 6 p.m. daily. Admission is free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

sounds good!!

I'd love to see that place lit up, I'm sure it'd look deadly!

Might go take a look over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

was this only happening this weekend? or will they be doing it again next weekend?

Im raging I missed out on it, its lovely out there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

car wrote: »
    was this only happening this weekend? or will they be doing it again next weekend?

Im raging I missed out on it, its lovely out there
    Just last weekend, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Balls. I remember back in the day going out there at night to frighten the crap out of ourselves. Eerie place in the middle of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I missed it too, but a friend told me it was pretty mediocre..so don't worry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Hi the craft and food fair was only on last weekend but the lights are on in Ducketts Grove House every evening from 4.30 p.m. over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ShayK1 wrote: »

I'd love to see that place lit up, I'm sure it'd look deadly!

Arsonist tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

god i used to love playing in the service tunnels under that place as a kid.
    but was out there over the summer, and the gardens are absolutely beautiful, will have to go see the lights over the next couples of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Looks great at night. Tried to take a photo but it's not perfect.

IMG_4673.JPG

its nice.
    its eerily beautiful and scary at the same time.

• Advertisement

aynon wrote: »
    its nice.
    its eerily beautiful and scary at the same time.

Thanks, here's the other side

IMG_4662.JPG

thats almost arty man....

aynon wrote: »
    thats almost arty man....

Thanks, they didn't come out exactly like I wanted but I still like them. Might try again if the leave the lights on.

Advertisement