Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts???

Options
  • 12-12-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Do you think Bargain Alerts should be kept for Bargain Alerts or should any offer we see be posted up?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I think it should be kept for bargain alerts - but that seems as obvious a choice as silver over soiled underwear.

I can't help but think you are implying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm not sure I understand the question tbh

Have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If a person thinks the offer is a good bargain then they should post it... people who don't shop online might think an instore offer is a great bargain where as somebody who can get stuff cheaper on line mightn't see it as a bargain. You have to have some leeway and allowances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

The bargain alerts forum is really starting to become cluttered by threads that dont belong in it.
    Example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055439462

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

So how would you define "bargain"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

jenno86 wrote: »
    The bargain alerts forum is really starting to become cluttered by threads that dont belong in it.
    Example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055439462

The thing is how can individuals figure out what is a bargain if it isn't posted.
    In that thread the Op had no Idea that wasn't the best price he could have got it for.
    In that thread they were enlightened , so I think the forum is ok as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

So how would you define "bargain"?

a figure that looks attractive...
    knickers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The thing is how can individuals figure out what is a bargain if it isn't posted.
    In that thread the Op had no Idea that wasn't the best price he could have got it for.
    In that thread they were enlightened , so I think the forum is ok as it is

Couldn't have said it better myself. OP not everyone is aware what is and isn't a bargain. If people start second guessing their posts then you might see less and less posts. Personally I'd prefer not to see that happen.

Couldn't have said it better myself. OP not everyone is aware what is and isn't a bargain. If people start second guessing their posts then you might see less and less posts. Personally I'd prefer not to see that happen.

Ya thats fair enuf.

Perhaps the name of the forum should be changed so? If people dont know what bargains are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Perhaps the name of the forum should be changed so? If people dont know what bargains are?

You really don't seem to get it. People post what they think are bargains. If they are not others will post further bargains or the thread may be locked.

What is your problem with the Bargain Alerts forum really? All you seem to do is complain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

How about "jenno86s idea of a bargain alert"? Better now?

Bizarre complaint tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jebus, talk about mountains and molehills. OP: you have just wasted a lot of people's time! :(

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Do you?

I notice you didn't answer my question above.

What is a bargain is entirely subjective, and depends on all sorts of factors.

To give a very simple example, 10% off a 6-pack in the offie 20 miles down the road may be a bargain to someone who lives beside it, but it's not a bargain to me by the time I drive there and back.

Similarly, a woman's designer leather handbag at €5 is no bargain whatsoever to me, as I have several already, I mean, I don't have a use for it! >_>

It's completely subjective.
    All you seem to do is complain there.
    Aye, I noticed that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

esel wrote:
    Jebus, talk about mountains and molehills. OP: you have just wasted a lot of people's time! :(

Most importantly and happily, her own.

janeybabe wrote: »
    What is your problem with the Bargain Alerts forum really? All you seem to do is complain there.

No problem with it! I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking that lately the forum has been cluttered with not really bargain alerts. I have got my answer!!

And janeybabe I think you'll find that statement false.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And janeybabe I think you'll find that statement false.

Actually I'd call it opinion. And I am not the only one who holds that opinion.

But it really doesn't bother me. Just something I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Actually I'd call it opinion. And I am not the only one who holds that opinion.

But it really doesn't bother me. Just something I've noticed.

How could that be opinion? Either I do or I dont! I think you'll find that i just dont complain there!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I moderate a forum titled "Construction & Planning". Given the fact that the word "construction" appears first you could cynically claim that it is encouraging the flaunting of the planning laws as planning should precede construction.

Now should I ask one of the admins to change it to "Planning & Construction"?

Can you see where Im going with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I think it should be kept for bargain alerts - but that seems as obvious a choice as silver over soiled underwear.
    Who's underwear?

Advertisement