Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using AIB student account in UK

Options
  • 12-12-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭

Im going to the UK for xmas and want access to money that's in my AIB account.

I only have a student account and the card i'd be using is the maestro laser card....can this be used to withdraw money in the UK free of charge?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A quick google reveals..
    aib.ie wrote:
    What are the fees and charges on my new AIB Debit Card?
    The standard transaction fee on all AIB Debit Card transactions is EUR0.20. Transactions in euro incur no other charges.
    Non-Euro Transactions also attract additional charges as follows:

* Purchase transactions in any currency other than euro attract a currency conversion fee of 1.75% (minimum EUR0.46, maximum EUR11.43)
    * ATM withdrawal cash transactions in any currency other than euro attract a currency conversion fee of up to 3% (depending on the currency) and also attract a commission charge of 1% (minimum EUR1.27, maximum EUR6.35).
    * A MasterCard scheme charge of 0.16% applies on all non-euro Debit Card transactions.
    * Where applicable, account transaction fees are charged to your account quarterly. The fee quarters end on the last working Friday of February, May, August and November each year. Where currency conversion fees and MasterCard scheme charges apply, they are included in the amount debited to your account for the transaction. Any commission charge will be shown separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cheers for that, pretty annoying im going to be charged but ah well.

Thanks for quick response!

Advertisement