Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone help with difficulties with MSN Messenger

• 12-12-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, when I click on someone's MSN link in their profile to add them to my MSN I get this message :
    "The MSN/Windows Messenger/Live Messenger functions only work when launched from Internet Explorer on a system with the Messenger application configured and running."

Now, I've got my MSN open and I'm signed in but I still get that message. Any tips on how to configure this to work ?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you using IE ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Sorry, yeah I'm on the latest IE.

Can anyone gimme any suggestions for this ?
    When trying to add an MSN contact (from their profile link) I get that message. I've googled but googled the message gets me this page first up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you go to tools>options>security, the last tickbox says "open windows live messenger when I click a link on a webpage that tries to interact with windows live messenger"

maybe try clicking that see if it makes a difference?

Nope, that box was clicked. I unchecked it, shut down MSN and reopened it and clicked it again and I'm still getting that message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's all I've got I'm afraid :o Good luck!

Advertisement