Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTEC SMOKE DETECTOR MODULE S60

Options
  • 12-12-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

HI

I have a 63dv astec connected to my phone line.
    In order to install a smoke detector I believe you need a S60 card.
    Than the s60 card needs to be connected to the sounders.
    I have two questions:

If the smoke detector goes off and triggers the sounders, will the alarm dial my phone number in the same way as a sensor alarm triggers it?

Where can you get S60 interfaces?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes your alarm will still ring your mobile. You can also programme it to play a different message stating its a fire alarm.
    Yu can buy an S60 interface from Astec in IDA Pearse Street or any good Alarm/electrical wholesaler.
    Where are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

Thats excellent... Thanks. I live in Swords but work in town so might pop up during the week... I suppose you can just go there and buy components?

I will try to install myself, but I might need to advices!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I suppose you can just go there and buy components?
    Yes you can. They are very helpful in there.

I would suggest that you also pick up an installation manual, they are free! You need to use command 75 to programme in the S60 module(s). The system can take up to 4 of these modules. Ensure that the ID links are in the correct position.

If you get stck ring them on 01 6704202 and they will talk you through the process.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

clvk07 wrote: »
    Thats excellent... Thanks. I live in Swords
    I,m near enough to you. If you want one dropped out to you give me a shout. I have manuals as well if you want .:)

Advertisement