Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what are your fave 'diet' foods?

• 12-12-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

what foods do u eat when your trying to lose weight?
    i'll list mine;
    apples-yum yum (i always eat these i even get craving sometimes)
    slice of brown bread toast with a bit of honey
    low-cal hot choc
    rice cakes-mmmmm
    popcorn
    soup
    knorr quick lunch curry rice- absolute fave. only 97 cals per cup!!! (almost unbelievable all things considered i though i was hallucinating when i read it)
    salad yummy
    skinless chicken breast
    i tried egg whites but find them so gross but diet wise they're good.
    most of mine are probably nutritionally not great but yummy and generally filling and low cal.

add to the list :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

200 grams of rashers, 50 - 100 grams of sausage and then I melt 100 grams of chedder cheese on top.

It's doing the trick nicely, lost two kg since the first of the month and I've been eating this twice a day with three other full meals!

The other meals are pretty much a six egg omellette with 100 grams of rashers and cheese in the morning, and two double quarter pounders covered in mayonaisse. Maybe a protein shake and walnuts during the day as well. And a lot of broccoli and cauliflour! And about 4 litres of water =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Your diet sounds tasty but expensive FunkZ. How many rashers are you eating per day? Just curious cause they have a high salt content, have you taken that into consideration?

No man I haven't thought about that at all, even though everytime I eat em I think 'hmmm salty'. I reckon I eat about 10 or so, sometimes less sometimes more but I do eat other foods too, it's just whatevers in the fridge at home on the weekends I'll take to college with me!

But man it really is a kickass diet, but I'll cut down on the rashers and sausages, more steak!

I've been eating about 3000kcals a day!

I read before that a rasher contains 3g of salt-even if it were just 1g you would still be getting a lot! Not trying to lecture, but if you are getting way too much salt that could have repercussions, not least water retention, which would slow your weight loss. It does sound like an awesome way to eat though, if I ever get back in the gym its something I want to look into. Also, something that I have yet to try but would work well for your diet if you have a steamer is steamed meatballs-have you had them before?

Man I didn't know you were outta lifting, but now that I think about it I haven't seen your journal in a while. Best of luck getting back as soon as possible! I know how shiit it is man.

I asked my dad a few minutes and he said if I drink enough the sald will be excreted from my kidneys anyway. That's what I think he said, don't really know what that means to be honest. I should cause I'm a science student but ah well.

As soon as ya can try this diet! Like tomorrow man it's 500 grams of crabs day after 12 days without taking them in directly!

Edit: No man never tried steamed meatballs, sounds good! I'd have to find a decent sauce for em though!

• Advertisement

Hey dude, never kept a lifting journal on boards but intend to in the new year. Thanks for the support. I would hope that salt is exctreted, but tbh it sounds like you are well over the rda, so I would watch out if I were you. Steamed meatballs can be eaten cold so a good snack for you in between meals! After xmas I will be changing the way I eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Add porridge to that list, with a bit of Manuka honey. Supervalue were doing a jar of the stuff for 10 euro not sure of the grade though. I don't drink caffeine so lemon tea is a good filler upper. Also Avonemore chicken soup is dee-lish.

Hey dude, never kept a lifting journal on boards but intend to in the new year. Thanks for the support. I would hope that salt is exctreted, but tbh it sounds like you are well over the rda, so I would watch out if I were you. Steamed meatballs can be eaten cold so a good snack for you in between meals! After xmas I will be changing the way I eat.

Deadly man, keeping a journal here is really motivational when ya have a goal in mind! I'll start to watch the salt, the longer I'm on this diet the more I'll know what foods to eat ya know. Man that is... incredible, I think I'm gonna be steaming meatballs and bringing them to college with me. Thanks very much! Savage idea! Man I'm gonna stick to my diet throughout the holidays but I'll make sure my carb up days land on Christmas and New Years!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

saeurkraut and ratatoile< though am trying desperatly to gain weight in a healthy way at the moment>

Advertisement