Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car battery dead - cant open car - Help!!!

Options
  • 12-12-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,

Micra battery dead and cant get into car to open bonnet in order to charge battery.

Any advice would be great!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I am guessing you can't unlock it with the remote c/l control?

This may sound obvious but have you tried just using the key to open the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

is it a new micra? (2003 - 2008)

Go to the passenger door handle and look where the key hole should be. its a plastic cover, look under it and you'll see a space to put the key in to pop off the cover. under the cover is a keyhole which allows you to open the car. if not the pass door, check the drivers door cos it changed depending on the year. its mostly the passenger door.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

There is actually no key hole on the doors or boot or bonnet!!

Any other advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

I think there is a plastic cover on the door handle that pulls off to reveal the key hole.

Too slow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is actually no key hole on the doors or boot or bonnet!!

Any other advice??

I would nearly guarantee that there is a plastic cover on the passenger door handle. Look under it there should be a small slot. Stick a knife(careful) in there and pop it off. Then boom use the key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

glad to help:D:D:D

Advertisement