Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toilet Seat: Could someone set my mind at ease?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just get Turkish toilets installed - no more arguments and improved quads all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

This is why you should always check before going.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    This is why you should always check before going.....

Oh me heart, I nearly had a seizure!!! hehehe omg, what a clip!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

haha, lol... he got raped by a goblin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jeesh, is this stuff still going on?

Went into Woodies yestersday and pissed all over seat, left fookin puddles 2 to 3 cms deep and didn't give a bollix.

Just wipe the fcuker when you come in missus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I can't help it if l was on a roll last night.

Jesus, it's like you can't help yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ah be nice Jessie Poor Meteoroid. She tried her best but just couldn't keep them bottled up. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scruttocks

It's for the convenience of the next user, male or female.

Assume a 1:1 m:f distribution.

Women need the seat down 100% of the time, whereas men, we'll assume for argument's sake, need it down 25% of the time.

So distributing the percentages over the people likely to use it, you find that leaving the seat down is useful to the next toilet user 62.5% of the time. It's just BEING SOUND

javaboy wrote: »
    Ah be nice Frada. She tried her best but just couldn't keep them bottled up. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

I am nice! I laughed hysterically when I heard she failed!* And what's nicer than laughter?

*Not really, I actually think she did quite well considering her skills at punning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

scruttocks wrote: »
    It's for the convenience of the next user, male or female.

Assume a 1:1 m:f distribution.

Women need the seat down 100% of the time, whereas men, we'll assume for argument's sake, need it down 25% of the time.

So distributing the percentages over the people likely to use it, you find that leaving the seat down is useful to the next toilet user 62.5% of the time. It's just BEING SOUND

Personally I think a fairer and more logical goal to strive to would be the equal division of labour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

True.:o

But I thought he would have been good enough toilet me off.:p

"Message to self"
    "Don't drink wine and post, and then wine about it later";)

I am nice! I laughed hysterically when I heard she failed!* And what's nicer than laughter?

Children's tears?

*Not really, I actually think she did quite well considering her skills at punning.[/QUOTE]

I was asking a little bit much of her I suppose.

True.

But I thought he would have been good enough toilet me off.:P

Go on get them all out of your cistern.* It was unfair to ask you to keep a lid on the puns.
    "Message to self"
    "Don't drink wine and post, and then wine about it later";)

Aw that one was so bad you can hear the chorus of booze.

*Yeah I used it before but that was ages ago.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I just pee on the seat to keep everyone happy :D

What is the STD can pick up off a toilet seat again?
    Ogh wait CRABS!

BTW piss is sterile.

Id be more worried about people who go for a poo don't wash their hands then use the door handle.
    They probably leave the seat down two.;)

Aw put a cork in it, she's out of practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Go on get them all out of your cistern.* It was unfair to ask you to keep a lid on the puns.

*Yeah I used it before but that was ages ago.:o

That wasn't a pun.:(

It was true.
    A whole bottle of white wine.:eek:
    Sorry for failing the challenge.:o

Sorry for failing the challenge.:o

Don't apologise to me. Apologise to the sick children.

Emotional shot to the gut. KAPOW!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Seat up or seat down, it doesn't matter - it is still one of the most hygienically safe surfaces in your home right now - I think Mythbusters have proven this!

It is definitely the most wiped area of any regular home. I think the real question here is why people leave the toilet in a state which they wouldn't like to find it in themselves?

Lads, if you were touching cloth in a bad way and stumbled in from the pub, ran (as best you could with a turtle's head appearing ) into the toilet to find pish all over d'place would you like it?

Before you say it, yes I am the only man in my household who wipes after a stand-up - only when I get a bout of piss shivers! Brrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Take the puns and chat and chat about puns elsewhere please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Just look at the toilet when you're sitting down. It's not a hard concept to grasp. We somehow manage to do it when we take a dump. How do you not even see it's up on your way to the toilet. Do you walk backwards, squatting over with your ass hanging out or something?

Ahem, I have a penis (and 2 balls). I am just giving what I know to be the reason!!!!:D:D Ya bollix!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ahem, I have a penis (and 2 balls). I am just giving what I know to be the reason!!!!:D:D Ya bollix!!!!
    You clearly listened to a woman to get that answer so therefore you are not a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When women sit down and have a wee their wee splashes back up on their ass cheeks.

When "some" men piss they aim directly into the water and do not get much spray back.

When "some" men piss they aim against the side walls and get different sprays in different directions depending on where on the toilet they aim.

I do not lift the seat(not lid) because its disgusting to touch even considering washing your hands afterwards.

I wipe the seat if necessary afterwards, I wipe the seat beforehands before sitting down also.

We all spray, women are worse because they spray on themselves due to splashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

I'm a tall guy and it annoys me at how low and close to the ground some toilets are, wtf like? How do I piss proper in that?:p Toilets design is sizest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I use one of my feet to put it up, and again to put it down - But I suck at soccer :pac:

LOL I do the same in public loo's

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scruttocks wrote: »
    Not 100% of women, what about "hoverers", and seat squatters. I remember cleaning women on gerry ryan years back moaning that women generally left the toilets in a worse state than men, I was very surprised to hear it. Said they would fight over who got to clean which in the same place (i.e. it was not just some dodgy pub, in the same building the womens was usually worse). They were sticking used sanitary towels on the wall and all sorts. And would have to clean feet marks off the toilet bowl, i.e. they lifted the seat and stood on it and squatted for a piss or dump.

So if you see a girl in a niteclub with flat shoes she is a supect seat squatter. I expect the drunk stumbling "hoverers" who do not lift the seat could leave it well worse than a guy.
    I'm a tall guy and it annoys me at how low and close to the ground some toilets are, wtf like?
    Check your spam box, you can get pills that will stick an extra 8 inches on overnight.

Advertisement