Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

axl talks to the fans!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

I know and I was online most of last night and never logged into mygnrforum.com or HTGTH last night. I mean even if I was there I'd probably have not known what to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How nice of him, his first post on the forum and he uses it to call one of his fans a cúnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

haha, him and Dexter like hate each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hes some ****ing gob ****e of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

How nice of him, his first post on the forum and he uses it to call one of his fans a cúnt

what a legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Dexter is the name of his cat, brilliant, I have to say that I am really glad Axl did this. Cut out the middle man, answer fans questions, and no room for mis quotation. Brilliant move by Axl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think he needs a blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

He called that guy a **** because he deserved it :D

He spent over six hours online today at chinesedemocracy.com answering questions. Not often you see that in fairness. Apart from that one prick he called out he was cool to everyone else. He said he would be back later to answer more questions.

You have to give him credit where it is due - that was a cool thing he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

RonMexico wrote: »
    He called that guy a **** because he deserved it :D

He spent over six hours online today at chinesedemocracy.com answering questions. Not often you see that in fairness. Apart from that one prick he called out he was cool to everyone else. He said he would be back later to answer more questions.

You have to give him credit where it is due - that was a cool thing he did.

yeah,fair play to him for doing that and that other goon deserved that from him and the subsequent ban.

he didn't shy away from the "reunion" question although his answers were suitably vague and didn't shed anymore light on what really happened in the past(not that i was expecting an straight answer obv.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The most interesting part was where he said Catcher In The Rye is a criticism of the novel of the same name for inspiring people to kill, namely Dave Chapman. Quite funny that all the fans before that were saying how he captured the mood of the novel brilliantly: clearly, that wasn't his attention.

Also it seems Shackler's Revenge is about that guy who killed a load of people in Virginia Tech University and how the media made a big deal out of the murderers love of Mr. Brownstone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Is it wrong that I still think he's kinda 'hawt'?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I still think he's kinda 'hawt'?! :p

It was always wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

After reading slashs autobiography he seems to come across as an arrogant kinda guy,everything had to revolve around him or nothing.

After reading slashs autobiography he seems to come across as an arrogant kinda guy,everything had to revolve around him or nothing.

tbh most frontmen are like that and it's what makes them so great and interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Of course he was! He was hot property as the frontman of one of the biggest if not the biggest rock bands of the early 90s! Did he abuse fame and fortune? Absolutely, but doesn't nearly every successful frontman?

Still have yet to read Slash's book, i got it a good few months back but it's in a pile of "to read" that never gets any shorter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Cheers for posting the link Lucan. Thought he came across pretty good in the replies he gave. What a sound thing for him to do.

Just to update,Axl made a 50 paragraph post on a Guns N Roses message Board last night,answering some more fan questions......Here he mostly talks about Slash and why He still uses the Guns n Roses name

You can read the full post here

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133371

Or a shortened version here

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110830

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Still have yet to read Slash's book, i got it a good few months back but it's in a pile of "to read" that never gets any shorter :(

best G N' R book available is "reckless road" by marc canter. it's a photo history of the groups foundation and rise to fame on the L.A. scene from a friend of slash who liked photography. his fathers deli subsequently became the unofficial meeting place for G N' R,especially when they couldn't afford food:D

i got it last year,it's an amazing book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reckless-Road-Making-Appetite-Destruction/dp/1847724531/ref=sr_1_1/278-4683930-0694811?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229373329&sr=1-1

Just to update,Axl made a 50 paragraph post on a Guns N Roses message Board last night,answering some more fan questions......Here he mostly talks about Slash and why He still uses the Guns n Roses name

You can read the full post here

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133371

Or a shortened version here

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110830

SECONDS OUT!!!!!!!!

AXL V SLASH ROUND 2:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

What is really really funny is that all the fans of the old band as a whole before axl had his say have basically made Slash the devil and nothing the man said ever is true.

I mean most message boards are fine and I enjoy posting on them, but the GNR ones are a bit of a struggle at times if your version doesn't match with one of the mods or the admin then you could be banned for having your say and opinion which everyone is allowed to express.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    best G N' R book available is "reckless road" by marc canter. it's a photo history of the groups foundation and rise to fame on the L.A. scene from a friend of slash who liked photography. his fathers deli subsequently became the unofficial meeting place for G N' R,especially when they couldn't afford food:D

i got it last year,it's an amazing book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reckless-Road-Making-Appetite-Destruction/dp/1847724531/ref=sr_1_1/278-4683930-0694811?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229373329&sr=1-1

Awesome! Didn't even know about this. I'll most likely end up getting it despite the fact that i have about 10 books to go through, and probably more by the time christmas is out of the way! :(

Axl does have a fair few points there. Especially on Slash, Slash walked essentially, the whole Sympathy for the Devil fiasco aside, Slash and Axl's egos were just too big to coexist. They're both egomaniacs. Slash is no innocent victim by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, i recall a many years back that Slash made a statement that he was "too busy to be even bothered with anything GNR related". At the time i believe he was still promoting "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere"

Problem Axl, Slash isn't going around claiming he's the innocent victim (at least not to my knowledge), those are your words, not his. Slash wanted out, he got out. Taking half the band and the crew with him!

Neither need each other at this stage in the game, the only ones still clinging to hope are the "hanger on" fans who think they're see an Illusion line up reunion this side of humanity.

What is really really funny is that all the fans of the old band as a whole before axl had his say have basically made Slash the devil and nothing the man said ever is true.

I mean most message boards are fine and I enjoy posting on them, but the GNR ones are a bit of a struggle at times if your version doesn't match with one of the mods or the admin then you could be banned for having your say and opinion which everyone is allowed to express.

i know what you mean about the forums. i used to post on HTGTH but got sick of jarmo and his ridiculous pro-axl bias. any bad words about axl and you could find yourself banned.:rolleyes:

i post on MYGNR occasionaly but mainly read it. it's not as bad as HTGTH but it can get a bit messy there sometimes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The only real major GnR discussion forum is GnR Evolution. The other ones sold out to gnr management in return for exclusives a long time ago.

There is no doubt there are a lot of differences between Axl and Slash's versions. I'd like to believe Axl's story, especially as Slash was off his head when all this was going on. But Slash does have all the other band members on his side, including neutral Izzy. Anyone who backs Axl's story generally need him for something, eg Del James and Dizzy Reed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Izzy seems to have remained pretty close to Axl and there is a song by Izzy on the next album called Down By The Sea. Axl confirmed that the other day in a post on Mygnrforum.com

Remember a lot of the stuff that went on between Slash and Axl happened after Izzy left the band.

I'd say there is a fair bit of fault on both sides.

Advertisement