Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turns out we were wrong

Options
  • 12-12-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

After you've died you see a white a light and find yourself outside the pearly gates. Saint Peter's secretary tells you that you were wrong, God does exist, and that Christianity was the right answer. You can get into heaven however, but you have to plead your case to Saint Peter himself. So what do you say?*

Personally, I'd blame you lot.

*this is a joke. Obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I'd ask where the steps down to the "other" place are located. Imagine spending eternity with Hendrix et al :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Ya I concur if hell is for unbelievers that means I'd get to meet cool people like Bruce Lee. That definitely beats Bill O'Reilly anyday. Who knows maybe thats how it works that heaven and hell are subjective? :confused: <shrugs>

no thanks, i'll head off and do my own thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Here, hang on, I only signed up for the sixty-year trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

oh yeah and the secretary tells you that the famous people in hell have their own place so you wont get to meet them, you'll just be tortured for a while. So how would you argue your case to get in? don't be afraid:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Is it possible to play some sort of game to get in? I'm good at poker, sort of. Rubbish at scrabble mind you. I'm pretty sure that in hell, there would be scrabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd argue my case that God - being so great:) - did such a great job making himself look fake and putting all those phoney religions out there to put me off the track. I could hardly be blamed for not believing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Valmont wrote: »
    I'd blame their marketing department. They think it's good enough to get the word out for three years in the bronze age Middle East yet expect people to buy in two millennia later?

It's like they never read Who Moved My Cheese. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

bluewolf wrote: »
    no thanks, i'll head off and do my own thing
    I'll join you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭sdep

After you've died you see a white a light and find yourself outside the pearly gates. Saint Peter's secretary tells you that you were wrong, God does exist, and that Christianity was the right answer. You can get into heaven however, but you have to plead your case to Saint Peter himself. So what do you say?*

Hello. I'm here to read the meter.

• Advertisement

sdep wrote: »
    Hello. I'm here to read the meter.

You better hope I don't get there ahead of you because I'm stealing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

[praying] Clarence! Clarence! Help me, Clarence! Get me back! Get me back, I don't care what happens to me! Get me back to my wife and kids! Help me Clarence, please! Please! I wanna live again. I wanna live again. Please, God, let me live again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

"But I was bad... You know I was, Pete. I demand a recount."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 McSeamus ORiley

I'd blame God for not giving us enough evidence. If He really wants us to believe in Him, then He should've given us reasons to believe in Him and Christianity.

I'd also point out to him that the word cretin is derived from christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

God does not exist.

God if you exist post in this thread.

If anyone creates an account called god and posts a response they should be banned for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Is it possible to play some sort of game to get in? I'm good at poker, sort of. Rubbish at scrabble mind you. I'm pretty sure that in hell, there would be scrabble.
    I reckon I could kick St Pete's ass at CounterStrike. Then Id get in for sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'd ask for an accommodation upgrade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

God does not exist.

If anyone creates an account called god and posts a response they should be banned for life

It has been done already link , and he was. :D

I could take heaven or hell but not re-incarnation. I'm not going through all this again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

God does not exist.

You assume God has the internet. It is bad to assume. 10 hail Mary's for your sin.

PS: I'm not god. Just incase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The UberFrog

Not enough proof mate, not enough proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hagar wrote: »
    It has been done already link , and he was. :D

Wow, Dades is more powerful than God. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I smell better too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Haha I'd say oh send me to Hell! Imagine spending eternity lick the ass of some sky God and being with religious people! that would be hell for me! All the cool people would be in hell!

oh by the way my friend said she'd choose hell because she likes S&M!!! haha lol Hell does always have this seemingly sadomasochistic sexual thing going on, doesn't it? hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I'd buy a christmas stamp and says lets call it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'd say,

"So what's the deal with evolution? Seriously? Why so convoluted?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Not enough proof mate, not enough proof.

*hypothetical joke situation

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'd expect God to love me as he should apparently love everybody and then I'd try to do a Bill Hicks "so, forgive me" line.

fitz0 wrote: »
    I reckon I could kick St Pete's ass at CounterStrike. Then Id get in for sure...

I fail so bad at CS.

Anyone want to go in to heaven as a pantomime horse? I'll even be the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

And all the tiles are vowels! Mwuhahahahaaa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭barfizz

If it existed it would be full of smug bastards going "I told you so"
    that would be hell for me.

So that i beliveve proves heaven can not exist...

Advertisement