Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII and versusXIII - new info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

i hate the waitting for ff13 but it does seem that it worth it according to the trailers and info released...should be cool but versus13 will totally rule

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

I have a feeling that this might not even come out till 2011. Square love to keep the europeans waiting for ages. If you look at all the release dates for previous FF games you can see that it's usually a year to a 18 months until we get a release, so get too hyped up for at least another 2 years I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They'll probably also get Alexander O. Smith in again to do the localisation which takes a lot longer since he usually does and excellent job of it. Usually it's worth the extra wait though and sure you can always import the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Final Fantasy XIII has been a long time coming, but players willing to pay a hefty fee and wade through Japanese text can try it in only a few short months. IGN reports that the Blu-ray version of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete is scheduled in Japan for April 16. The movie alone will cost 4,900 yen (about $54 USD), but that price doesn't include the demo. To play the next Final Fantasy, players will have to shell out 5,900 yen ($65 USD) for the Trial Version set, or a staggering 49,980 yen (about $550 USD) for the Cloud Black 160GB PlayStation 3 set, which includes a special edition PS3 system. Factor in importing costs, and you'll be paying well more than a full next-gen title price for a demo.

The trial is expected to work on PS3s worldwide, due to lack of region locking, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. As far as demos go, this one is set to be beefy, coming in at around two hours long. Considering the game itself won't come out in the U.S. until at least a year later, we're sure at least a few insane devoted fans will eat the cost to try out the game.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172344
    April 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I just pre-ordered it at Play-Asia :D Yes I am a Square Enix whore.

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    I just pre-ordered it at Play-Asia :D Yes I am a Square Enix whore.

This item is not available for shipping to
    # European Union
    # Iceland
    # Liechtenstein
    # Norway

how did you order it

All I did was search for Advent Children, clicked 'movies' and then found this page. It doesn't say anything about not shipping to Europe like Play-Asia usually does. If they do cancel on me I'll just try NCSX.com.

Apparently ACC does have the english dub :D Although the region of the movie disc is most likely 'Region A' which means my PS3 won't play it. There is a chance it'll be region free though.

All I did was search for Advent Children, clicked 'movies' and then found this page. It doesn't say anything about not shipping to Europe like Play-Asia usually does. If they do cancel on me I'll just try NCSX.com.

Apparently ACC does have the english dub :D Although the region of the movie disc is most likely 'Region A' which means my PS3 won't play it. There is a chance it'll be region free though.

oh the trial version

will the trial version be dubbed?

really hope its region free too

might order it myelf

cheers

oh the trial version

will the trial version be dubbed?

really hope its region free too

might order it myelf

cheers
    The demo will be Japanese only, but the Advent Children Complete movie has an english dub option. If you do want the demo I suggest you pre-order soon as only the first run of the movie comes with the FFXIII demo.

This weeks Famitsu magazine contains interviews with Japanese developers looking back on 2008 and forward to their new releases this year. Kitase had this to say:
    2008 was a year when Kitase spent lots of his time making Sigma Harmonics and Dissidia Final Fantasy. Among the things that caught his eye in 2008 are PSP’s strong performance and the popularity of downloadable content (DLC) for home consoles. However, he says it’s not easy to have DLC for games like Final Fantasy because it has to be a full package.

For 2009, Kitase would like to speed up the production of Final Fantasy XIII and hope to see PS3 picking up more steam. The announcement of FFXIII demo is part of that plan. In order to accelerate PS3’s attach rate, Kitase says the system must have attractive games, to which Famitsu says FFXIII is the best choice, Kitase says he certainly hope so. Future news on FFXIII will focus more on actual gameplay footage instead of CG cut-scenes that we have seen so far. Famitsu then ask how far the demo will allow us to play, Kitase says since the actual game won’t be out for quite some time, the demo will only focus on “the basics” of the game and lets players check out the brand new battle system.

Besides FFXIII, of which he says the basic elements are done and he can finally see its completion time coming, he will also spend time on the mobile phone version of The 3rd Birthday (also available on PSP) and PSP’s Final Fantasy Agito XIII, both of which are ongoing. FFXIII is a title that Square nurtured for a long time and 2009 is the year when it comes to fruition. He says we can expect to see plenty of promotion activities for the title this year.
    I think that a focus on gameplay over CG eye candy can only be a good thing. Hopefully we'll get a better idea soon of what we can expect from the game by seeing someone playing it.

Whether these gameplay reveals will come before or after the release of the demo remains to be seen I guess. Either way I'll post up screens or videos of the demo when I get it. It'll probably be the end of April by the time I get it though so you'll all have seen other peoples impressions by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What do you reckon this is?

The FF13 PSP?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=206400

I'd make a thread but its probably nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Tis probably a 'theatrical' trailer or some such.

Vokes wrote: »
    Tis probably a 'theatrical' trailer or some such.
    Yeah, most likely seeing as how it's the same story over on the official american website, where it shows a picture of Lightning and the countdown clock.

So the trailer is up now! The Japanese website appears to work best at the moment.

Check out the majesty! Notice that there is a lot of in game footage in this trailer, the majority of which demonstrates the battle system.

FFXIII certainly looks good, I just hope it's fun and engrossing to play :D

acutal game footage

looks superb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!Too bad we have to wait so long!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

looks very good indeed :D:D:D

now,now,*calm down*,please dont let me down like you did last time!

the battle system looks 'normal' to me now!

saw alot of soldiers who wears Zaku robot mask from Gundam series lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very, very pretty.

Like the look of the battle system as well. It's looks kind of like the system used in Xenosaga games but in real time and not utterly rubbish. I'm sure it will be good with the guy behind FFX's system, Toshiro Tsuchida, at the helm. It's seems to show a bit of restraint in the cutscenes as well unlike the over the top emo and absolutely daft looking FFXIII versus. I'm really hoping that the team behind it remembers that the best and most memorable scenes in the FF games haven't been about the spectacle but the quiet scenes between characters.

I'm pretty sure this will be a good game despite the past track record of Square Enix. FFXII's problem was that it languished in development hell and the loss of Yasumi Matsuno was a massive blow that left the battle system in incapable hands and the story a rushed and unfinished mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Very, very pretty.

Like the look of the battle system as well. It's looks kind of like the system used in Xenosaga games but in real time and not utterly rubbish. I'm sure it will be good with the guy behind FFX's system, Toshiro Tsuchida, at the helm. It's seems to show a bit of restraint in the cutscenes as well unlike the over the top emo and absolutely daft looking FFXIII versus. I'm really hoping that the team behind it remembers that the best and most memorable scenes in the FF games haven't been about the spectacle but the quiet scenes between characters.

I'm pretty sure this will be a good game despite the past track record of Square Enix. FFXII's problem was that it languished in development hell and the loss of Yasumi Matsuno was a massive blow that left the battle system in incapable hands and the story a rushed and unfinished mess.

speaking of Yasumi Matsuno ,i think have just found the prototype of FFT here,what a shock!never heard of it before!!!
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
    guess what,the exact same music composer team too

tbh FF series is always a good game to play with since FF4,top class RPG in any generation.lets hope for the best of FFXIII:D

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote: »
    speaking of Yasumi Matsuno ,i think have just found the prototype of FFT here,what a shock!never heard of it before!!!
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
    guess what,the exact same music composer team too

Well it isn't actually a Prototype. The FF Tactics team and the team behind Vagrant Story and FFXII are actually the development team Quest that made all the Tactics Ogre games. Squaresoft bought up the dev team and made them an internal development team. Final Fantasy Tactics is basically a tactics ogre game with the FFV job system.

I'll have to give the tactics ogre games a try, they are supposedly brilliant although most of them didn't get an english localisation. Didn't know Hitoshi Sakimoto did the soundtrack, will have to check it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Looks really sweet alright got the link to the clip in an email today...yet i dont own or intend on buying another console :P

Guess i'll have to miss out on this potential piece of artistic class:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll have to give the tactics ogre games a try, they are supposedly brilliant although most of them didn't get an english localisation.
    There was an english version on the gba but probably only out in the states. I played it years ago and remembered to be an excellent tactics game.

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/tacticsogretheknightol/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I loved the battle system in final fantasy 12. Pity the story was utter muck though.

I would hate for the series to go to real time. The turn based combat is what I love about final fantasy. 13 is going to be turn based isnt it??

To anybody importing Advent Children Complete: CDJapan are listing it as region free and have (apparently) confirmed via email to someone on NeoGAF that it is definately region free. So hopefully we'll be able to watch ACC in english on PAL PS3s :D
    joe123 wrote: »
    I would hate for the series to go to real time. The turn based combat is what I love about final fantasy. 13 is going to be turn based isnt it??
    Yep, it's turn based. Did you watch the new trailer? You can tell from the trailer that it's turn based. versusXIII on the other hand will probably be real time as it's an action RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Don't forget that if you want to get an early demo of the game (in Japanese) Advent Children Complete (I think is what they are branding it) will offer a demo of FFXIII with it's Blue Ray DVD!

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Don't forget that if you want to get an early demo of the game (in Japanese) Advent Children Complete (I think is what they are branding it) will offer a demo of FFXIII with it's Blue Ray DVD!
    Lol, you're a bit late to the party! Check the previous few pages and you'll see that we were talking about the Advent Children Complete first print with the FFXIII demo. I have it pre-ordered, are you getting it too by any chance? If you're not I'm going to try and post some good impressions in this thread when the demo arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lol, you're a bit late to the party! Check the previous few pages and you'll see that we were talking about the Advent Children Complete first print with the FFXIII demo. I have it pre-ordered, are you getting it too by any chance? If you're not I'm going to try and post some good impressions in this thread when the demo arrives.

Meh, saId demo will show up on PSN and Live eventually. No way am I buying Advent Children again.

I'm eternally grateful my friend pirated it and made me watch it. No need to pollute my collection.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Meh, saId demo will show up on PSN and Live eventually. No way am I buying Advent Children again.
    Yeah, but why would Sqaure-Enix ever give you something for free when they can make you pay for it? I do like Advent Children though so it's not like I'm actually paying $70 for a demo...

Advertisement