Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis "arsehole" Walsh

Options
  • 12-12-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Not content with landing us with even more talentless drivel, or misusing the word "band" at every opportunity, I saw a headline in one of the tabloids at the shop today where this camp excuse-for-space had a go at Limerick because someone accused the judges on reality shows as being mafia.

For those of you who don't indulge mindless drivel, think "mafia" = "crime" = "Limerick" in the eyes of the uninformed. Ha f**king ha ha, Louis, that's almost as funny as - well - Boyzone's first appearance on The Late Late.

Can someone zip this idiot's mouth up (and hopefully those of most of his so-called "bands" as well) ? I'm not gonna get annoyed, considering that anyone whose opinion allows them to see Westlife as talented isn't worth arguing with, but Christ, what a wanker!

And he gets airtime (both for "infotainment/news" and his ****e vocal groups)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Not content with landing us with even more talentless drivel, or misusing the word "band" at every opportunity, I saw a headline in one of the tabloids at the shop today where this camp excuse-for-space had a go at Limerick because someone accused the judges on reality shows as being mafia.

For those of you who don't indulge mindless drivel, think "mafia" = "crime" = "Limerick" in the eyes of the uninformed. Ha f**king ha ha, Louis, that's almost as funny as - well - Boyzone's first appearance on The Late Late.

Can someone zip this idiot's mouth up (and hopefully those of most of his so-called "bands" as well) ? I'm not gonna get annoyed, considering that anyone whose opinion allows them to see Westlife as talented isn't worth arguing with, but Christ, what a wanker!

Can you scan the story for me. I wouldn't mind trying to follow this up. I'm sure Laura Ryan at Limerick Co-Ordination Office might be able to get an explanation from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

did you ecpect anything more,really what do you expect from the man who did all in his power to ruin music. he's prob trying to be funny and when you're not funny it rarely works. he's just a twat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No offence OP but isn't this very thread giving him publicity which he doesn't deserve?

The best thing we can do is not pay any attention to the little man. Like most of the talent he spots, it will have a short shelf life.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

whats the story .. is louis offering to manage munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What an idiot he is trying to reinvent himself on the X factor with the dyed hair and that stupid false accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

themonk wrote: »
    whats the story .. is louis offering to manage munster?

no man he's not offering to manage munster but he could be inwith a leinster shout sooner rather than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

you better not have watched tonights langerland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Why do we even care about what this moron thinks of Limerick anyway.

He is an idiot. Simple as. His opinion is meaningless if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Oh please. It is, proportionate to size, the most dangerous city in Western Europe. Sorry but enough of this chip on the shoulder bollix, really. Alot of Dublin aint too pretty, and nobody up here will tell you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

whats the problem? because he called a shíthole a shíthole? shoot the messenger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

No thats not the problem. The problem is this vertically challenged cnut decided to have an old jab at Limerick, when it was completley irrelevant to what he was talking about. I don't know why anybody pays this insufferable arrogant arsehole or his horribly misguided ideas on what constitutes as music, any attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is this the article you're talking about?

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89:young-talent-ridiculed-claims-cllr-gallahue&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60

You're taking it out of context if it is....

Edit: Never mind, I assume Louis was responding to that article.... I'll keep looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Mr E wrote: »

Even if it's not, the "opening shot" seems to have come from the Chairman of Limerick, Co Co.

While I don't want to be in any way defending Louis Walsh, the reality that his "talentless drivel" to quote the OP has made millions so while it mightn't be everyones flavour of the month, it is appealing to a mass audience who have money to spend.

Reality is also that X Factor is the biggest show of its kind in Europe. 182,000 auditioned this year alone. The final of the last series attracted a viewership of 12.5M people.

Methinks that when we are associated with something this successful, then we are entitled to criticise.

In the meantime OP, muzzle your mayor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope can't find it. Doesn't look like it was newsworthy enough to put online....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

the cure use your remote switch off turn on your computer it will soon filter through if no one was watching that ****e cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

none of the irish tabloids have an any way decent website, and that is out of the ones that even bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Never heard about his either. Think the leader would have put in up if he said it.
    Anyway never mind him he is trying to look cool on that show and every week makes a fool of him self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

In the meantime OP, muzzle your mayor!!
    Why ? Because he spoke the truth ?

If these shows were actually interested in finding real talent that a majority of people would vote for, then there'd be only one vote per person.

As it is, it's a cynical money-making exercise that has nothing to do with talent.

As such, Walsh fits right in.

I'm not annoyed at the idiotic outburst, because the guy hasn't a clue and regularly talks through his arse at the best of times; and it's probably true that posting about it does help promote Louis (if you've no talent nowadays, the best way to compensate is to grab headlines often enough) but it does no harm to highlight to people what a prat he is.

He's previously complained about Irish radio stations not promoting Irish talent; having worked in one of the better ones - which still allows Westlife rubbish to get stuck into playlists after barely been listened to, while people with real talent have to work hard and campaign to get it at least some occasional airplay (and like I said, that's one of the more open opportunities), I'd agree with him, but for the complete opposite reasons to what the prat is trying to imply.

So no, his opinion doesn't bother me; but for the sheep who reckon that what crap shows like this say, goes, then it's sad what someone with influence over those sheep can get away with spouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Oh please. It is, proportionate to size, the most dangerous city in Western Europe. Sorry but enough of this chip on the shoulder bollix, really. Alot of Dublin aint too pretty, and nobody up here will tell you otherwise.

uh-oh!!!!
    havent we been down this road before, maybe not with louis, but with some other high profile celebs???

leave him off, whoe cares about that arsehole??

edit: woops quite alot of eople it turns out, apperently 15 million tuned into the final of x-factor tonite
    15 million??? why am i breaking me balls trying to break into an industry thats gone down the tubes???
    *crys into pro tools license*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Whilst there's no defending Walsh if he had a cheap shot, equally what the hell is John Gallahue doing publicly commenting on the X Factor? Using phrases such as 'mafia style system' about something he knows nothing about just leaves him open to retort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Aidric wrote: »
    Whilst there's no defending Walsh if he had a cheap shot, equally what the hell is John Gallahue doing publicly commenting on the X Factor? Using phrases such as 'mafia style system' about something he knows nothing about just leaves him open to retort.

John Gallahue has a young relation who's an aspiring pop singer, I'd say that might be something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Liam Byrne wrote: »

I'm not a huge fan of louis/westlife/boyzone etc etc but somebody most be cos they're making a **** ton of money.

Jealousy is a bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

you better not have watched tonights langerland
    Why? Did they have a hop off Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

What an idiot he is trying to reinvent himself on the X factor with the dyed hair and that stupid false accent.

he dyes his hair gray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

langerland did abit on the rose of tralee, where the limerick and columbine! rose went on shooting spree.

Advertisement