Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resignation of Niall Crowley of the Equality Authority

Options
  • 12-12-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

What's the inside story here. Was the guy really overreaching or just coming a little close to the bone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Dermo Ahern is an arrogant, belligerent little *&^*.

Just check out the shooting forum or the handgun thread in here to see how the Minister likes to operate.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Either making a stand for equality and rights in a world where cost has become the most important thing, or else it's a sharp exit stage left before bad stuff happens motivated purely by save your own skin thinking.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who works in an Irish public body would be inclined towards the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

David Norris has alleged Ministerial Harrassment for raising this issue

http://www.mamanpoulet.com/?p=549

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement