Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Man Utd

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

D.S. wrote: »
    +1 - Michael Owen anyone?

Do we really want another glass striker after only getting rid of the last one this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This page could be lifted from the same page on the Liverpool thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fletcher has had some good games but he shouldnt start unless Anderson is injured

Anderson had to start todays game or at least come on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

In fairness Dawson and Zokora played out of their skin today.

I cringed when I saw Daws starting and my body convulsed when I seen woody go off and Zok playing RB but they both had quality games.

Daws didnt put a foot wrong and I thought Zok did a great job in containing Ronaldo.

I agree that United could really do with a clinical Van Nistlerooy style poacher but I thought the midfield was really lacking in creativity today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A great point imo, not dissapointed at all. They drew with Arsenal and Cheslea away and beat Liverpool at home, suprised so many people thought we would win. Anyway this farce of a tourney next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

D.S. wrote: »
    Seriousl though - what is happening with United and the inability to convert chances??

Surprising similarities between United and the problems that Liverpool and Arsenal have been having for the past few seasons.. I said it after the Sunderland match and todays match seems to have been the same.

If Liverpool and United continue as they are, Chelsea are going to walk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah Zokora was class. I had to switch over for X-Factor (bossed out by the missus) so missed the couple of great saves from Gomes (MOTD tonight though) but he's like a completely different player now. Great performance from Spurs and I'm well chuffed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Yeah Spurs were very resolute. Typical of Gomes to play brilliantly! Still, Spurs could've snatched the game themselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,448 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RasTa wrote: »
    A great point imo, not dissapointed at all. They drew with Arsenal and Cheslea away and beat Liverpool at home, suprised so many people thought we would win. Anyway this farce of a tourney next.

i can see where you are coming from - it was always going to be a tough game, spurs have improved a lot under Redknap.

However; the perfomance with regards passing and creation of chances was terrible - too many players had poor games. IMO the game was there for the winning when it came down to it, and we missed the chance. Given we are already behind in the league we really need to be taking advantage of the situation when another title rival drops point - today we missed a chance to do just that and it could prove costly come mid-May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Bugger.

Massive disappointment.

• Advertisement

i can see where you are coming from - it was always going to be a tough game, spurs have improved a lot under Redknap.

However; the perfomance with regards passing and creation of chances was terrible - too many players had poor games. IMO the game was there for the winning when it came down to it, and we missed the chance. Given we are already behind in the league we really need to be taking advantage of the situation when another title rival drops point - today we missed a chance to do just that and it could prove costly come mid-May.

The performance wasn't the best alright, looked like we would settle with a point from the onset.

Villa, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and City all away from Old Trafford and we are still in within reach of top. We know how we progress after crimbo, so I'm still optimistic as I can see Chelsea dropping more points along the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Scholes back is a massive plus.

Keep your knickers on ladies, theres a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Not too disappointed, it was always going to be a tricky away game and they're a lot better than their league position shows.

Again Ronaldo lets himself down and at the minute I can't wait to the see the back of him and replaced with someone else. Its not his form nor his goalscoring this year that I'm fuming at but his attitude. Last year he had the attitude of 'knock me down, I'll destroy you again'. This year he has the arrogance of a player who thinks he's the best and he honestly doesn't look as if he wants to be there.

Flicking out at Dawson was the second time he's done something like that in as many weeks. Be a ****ing man and deck him if your going to do anything, stop being a pussy about your wrist or some other body part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

John O'Shea played as well as I've sen him play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Can't comment on the game cause I haven't seen it but disappointed with the result. It's true that Spurs away was going to be difficult but We needed the three points before leaving and coming back to a hectic schedule, where there's bound to be slip ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i thought spurs made utd look ordinary today.
    im actually disappointed with a point tbh.

still, that was pretty much a full strength team utd point out and I thought we matched them player for player.

im just veryhappy that berbatov isnt getting th service that he used to get at spurs.
    otherwise, hed be getting 20+ a season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The arrogance of manyoo fans in this thread is disgusting.

Actually thought we should've been more ambitious in this game. After the 60min mark it was clear that we were playing for the draw. Spurs are playing some decent football but Woody being injured is a 'mare. The one striker set up isn't working.

In January we really need the big man to run the midfield that we've needed for 3 seasons. Hudd is OK but too slow and Jenas just isn't consistent enough. Podolski would be an amazing signing and would compliment either Bent or Pav. We also need a new fullback.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Kold wrote: »

Have a click around, it's not limited to this thread. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Actually thought we should've been more ambitious in this game. After the 60min mark it was clear that we were playing for the draw. Spurs are playing some decent football but Woody being injured is a 'mare. The one striker set up isn't working.

In January we really need the big man to run the midfield that we've needed for 3 seasons. Hudd is OK but too slow and Jenas just isn't consistent enough. Podolski would be an amazing signing and would compliment either Bent or Pav. We also need a new fullback.

Don't worry, the spurs arrogance is all bottled up here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

Maybe they'll come out and play with the other kids when they are in less of a farcical position.

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    Don't worry, the spurs arrogance is all bottled up here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837

Maybe they'll come out and play with the other kids when they are in less of a farcical position.

Yeah... reading http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055437929

If I said what I thought, I'd get banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

and thats the beauty of a private playground. you can close off your opinions to the like minded few and give the appearance that you are right... circle jerk i believe is the mathematical term.

very boring match tho as a bystander. 0-0 didnt do it justice. poor pavluchenko (sp), huddlestone took him right out.. some shot on that lad. tevez and berb dont look sharp together, think rooney is the better out of the 2 (him & tevez). carrick is brilliant though

Isn't that what the Man Utd thread is about? I'm fairly sure that it's probably more preposterous in there. You're welcome to post in the SSC forum as long as you're not trolling. That thread actually is quite a debatable one I admit, like it or not, that's an opinion. If it were to get anyway out of hand, Ronan would deal with it.
    I don't think racism or homophobia have any place in football but at the same time, Campbell brought any abuse on himself just the way Berbs did. Maybe we should just announce on the tanoys that only Booing Campbell will be tolerated in future.
    Anyway, the point in that thread is the way that the FA has gone about this. It's completely irresponsible to release their pictures on the new.

I don't think racism or homophobia have any place in football but at the same time, Campbell brought any abuse on himself just the way Berbs did. Maybe we should just announce on the tanoys that only Booing Campbell will be tolerated in future.
    Anyway, the point in that thread is the way that the FA has gone about this. It's completely irresponsible to release their pictures on the new.

I don't understand your point at all, are you saying Campbell deserves everything he gets?

I don't understand your point at all, are you saying Campbell deserves everything he gets?

No. I'm saying homophobic chants are wrong. However, the Spurs faithful hate him and have right to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

astrofool wrote: »

What farcical position? 17pts from 9 games since Redknapp took over, that's about 72pts over an entire season. Draws against Arsenal and United, plus two wins over Liverpool in the league and cup. The goalkeeper most of this board wrote off 6 weeks ago put in another stellar display yesterday.

Or do you think we all slunk off when things started going south under Ramos?

If you want to interact with Spurs fans why don't you start a thread about the club?

• Advertisement

You might be surprised...

Have you read the forum charter?

How about you post your thoughts and see what my response is?

Better still, PM me your intended post and I'll tell you in advance whether it would incur a ban or not.
    Jazzy wrote: »
    and thats the beauty of a private playground. you can close off your opinions to the like minded few and give the appearance that you are right... circle jerk i believe is the mathematical term.

How is it private?

Get your facts straight before you start throwing insults around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

If you want to interact with Spurs fans why don't you start a thread about the club?

will we get to talk to this man in the new thread?

Jazzy wrote: »
    will we get to talk to this man in the new thread?

Unlikely, as I don't believe he has applied for access to the soccer forum. I don't believe he has posted here if he has been granted access.

That doesn't mean the other Spurs fans who have always posted here (like Kold, WWM, myself, Babybing and others) won't respond.

And back on topic, thought 0-0 was a fair result with both sides having chances to be fair. Great performance from Gomes (again) and the makeshift CB partnership of Dawson and Corluka held up well. Woodgate's injury is a worry, as I believe it was back trouble that curtailed his time at Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That thread is out of order imo. I've posted my thoughts anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Corluka's played brilliantly for us especially since redknapp took over. United had much the better possession but lacked sharpness. I felt really that by chances on goal (on target) spurs had the better chances maybe i'm a lil biased cracker by giggs at the end cracking save as well. One of the few nil all's i can say I enjoyed.

Advertisement