Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I drive from wexford to Waterford every day to go to collage?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

HI just wondering if its a good idea to drive from wexford to waterford every day to go to WIT.

Dose anyone know what the traffic is like or any tips for parking etc
    :)

Comments

You could do it, rent in waterford isn't that bad though.

Much better then Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The two bridges, at New Ross and Waterford, can be horrendous, if I was to do it every day I'd use the ferry but that can be expensive. I'd weigh the cost of rent in Waterford against the travel costs, hassle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Id say not to bother, one of my neighbours did d for a few months, and dropeed out then, just isnt worth it.

Your not going to get the college expirience either, you will go down, go to lectures, come home, thatll be it, there will be no real interacting with people etc etc,

i would say no, just rent down there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

where do you live tho? I used to get the train from wellingtonbridge in the mornins, used to be a fair crowd uf us goin back then, the train services Roslare Harbour, Bridgetown, Wellingtonbridge, Ballycullane, Campile AFAIR there maybe more stops but I dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

where do you live tho? I used to get the train from wellingtonbridge in the mornins, used to be a fair crowd uf us goin back then, the train services Roslare Harbour, Bridgetown, Wellingtonbridge, Ballycullane, Campile AFAIR there maybe more stops but I dont think so.
    My missus is from down campile direction.
    Lacks cousin is from wexford
    and she travelled everyday for 3 years. There only down the road from each other sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

HI just wondering if its a good idea to drive from wexford to waterford every day to go to WIT.

Dose anyone know what the traffic is like or any tips for parking etc
    :)

Judging by your spelling and syntax are you sure you're ready for college? :)

Less of that please. Its an internet forum, not a peer reviewed journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Why live at home? sure wexford is a nicer place than waterford, but if you want to get the most out of college you need to live near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Hi! I do this, it's an absolute pain.

It depends what time you leave at. New Ross isn't too bad in the mornings, but Waterford's a disaster. There have been mornings where it's taken an hour and a half to get from new ross- waterford, more even.
    Unless you hit Waterford by 8am, at the verrrrry latest, you're going to be stuck for ages.

In the evenings, it's usually grand getting out of Waterford but it's horrendous getting through New Ross. Some days it can be an extremely long commute!
    Rent a place down there, if you can.

Advertisement