Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rant

• 13-12-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got talking to a girl last night who I have liked for a while but the problem is she on ERAMUS for a year. She was home their for her friends birthday and I got taking to her but being the gentleman I am I never push myself on someone which sometimes gives off the wrong vibes. I see her across the bar and we make eye contact, then I am in the smoking area and one of her friends calls me by one of my mates name who looks kinda like me who was with one of her friends. So I go over and talk to them cant remember what I said to them but then later on im back in the smoking area and I get talking to her again and she remembers my name and how I even got talking 1st which was over a year ago. She goes on to speak Spanish to me (man that was sexy, and I would give anything to know what she was saying to me.) But I keep on catching her eye through out the night and guess what I do nothing about it so nothing happens.
    The most annoying thing is I wont see her again still September 2009. :(

Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Don't sweat it.

Plenty more fish in the sea...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Show up on her door in her host country...she'll either think your nuts or really romantic haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You need to be sensible about this. A sensible rant is perfectly fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Posters should post in a sensible fashion or face the consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I got talking to a girl last night who I have liked for a while but the problem is she on ERAMUS for a year. She was home their for her friends birthday and I got taking to her but being the gentleman I am I never push myself on someone which sometimes gives off the wrong vibes. I see her across the bar and we make eye contact, then I am in the smoking area and one of her friends calls me by one of my mates name who looks kinda like me who was with one of her friends. So I go over and talk to them cant remember what I said to them but then later on im back in the smoking area and I get talking to her again and she remembers my name and how I even got talking 1st which was over a year ago. She goes on to speak Spanish to me (man that was sexy, and I would give anything to know what she was saying to me.) But I keep on catching her eye through out the night and guess what I do nothing about it so nothing happens.

Sorry but I had to get that off my chest.

So essentially you blew it due to a lack of cojones. The girl in question was into you but you did nothing.

Reason for a rant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I kinda wish that I hadnt seen her as it has brought feelings from last year.

Just had a look on her bebo and she done one of them quizzes about what she likes in a guy and was a bit shock how I ticked a lot of the boxes.

Its also a bit annoying knowing at this moment in time she is about 20mins drive from where I am.
    Mezcita wrote: »
    So essentially you blew it due to a lack of cojones.
    Yup.
    Mezcita wrote: »
    Reason for a rant?
    Em would never say that stuff to my friends as I like to keep my personal life private.

I didn't have to wait that long to see her again as we where both at a house party last night.

Went to a house party before heading to the pub last night and there was a bit too much male companionship for my liken so I get my friends to head but when I about to leave guess who I see right at the front door looking straight at me. Yes the same girl but my mates where leaving and I didn't fancy staying there on my own so I head out to the pub with my mates.

But I was saying to myself try and ignore her as I know myself that I wont do anything about it and get really pi$$ed off with myself for a week or two.

Went to the pub didn't do a hole lot there as I wasn't drinking but end up heading back to the house after the pub. House had gotten pretty full since I had left but she comes over to me asking me for a cigarette but I don't smoke so I just end up giving her a lighter I was messing around with but that was a great opportunity to start up a conversation with her.

I notice her once or twice looking over in my direction but I don't do anything, then I am at the front door and she comes over to me and ask me if I have seen her friend and point her in the right direction.

I end up leaving a short while after that.

I see her again the next day in the back seat of her friends car as they drive past me but I can guess I wont be seeing her again for a while.

I didn't have to wait that long to see her again as we where both at a house party last night.

Went to a house party before heading to the pub last night and there was a bit too much male companionship for my liken so I get my friends to head but when I about to leave guess who I see right at the front door looking straight at me. Yes the same girl but my mates where leaving and I didn't fancy staying there on my own so I head out to the pub with my mates.

But I was saying to myself try and ignore her as I know myself that I wont do anything about it and get really pi$$ed off with myself for a week or two.

Went to the pub didn't do a hole lot there as I wasn't drinking but end up heading back to the house after the pub. House had gotten pretty full since I had left but she comes over to me asking me for a cigarette but I don't smoke so I just end up giving her a lighter I was messing around with but that was a great opportunity to start up a conversation with her.

I notice her once or twice looking over in my direction but I don't do anything, then I am at the front door and she comes over to me and ask me if I have seen her friend and point her in the right direction.

I end up leaving a short while after that.

I see her again the next day in the back seat of her friends car as they drive past me but I can guess I wont be seeing her again for a while.

I hate that.. I passed this girl I had been seeing 2 years ago , 3 times in the one week.. and she lives on the other side of the country!! weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭sardineta

You seem to be uncomfortable around women, is there a deeper issue?

sardineta wrote: »
    You seem to be uncomfortable around women, is there a deeper issue?

I am uncomfortable around women when I am attracted to them otherwise I have no problem but then again to women I am not attracted to I come off as well uninterested.

I really didn't want to feel this way that is why I tried to ignore it but there is no running away from this I like her and I think she likes me but there is the hole thing of not being in the same place at the moment.

Would have really like to talk to her as every other time I have there has been drink involved as I wasn't drinking and she didn't seem to have much too drink.

Hopefully I will see her again before we both go into final year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

So you passed up another opportunity to talk to her because you didn't fancy staying at the party without your mates? Are you for real? You, my friend, have NO cojones.

Faint heart never won fair maiden.

You've had too many chances, she will think you're not interested and you'll blow it for good. Send her a message through Bebo - do something for goodness sake!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For the love of god, stop posting on the internet, find your balls and approach this girl. Otherwise life will pass you by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

But I keep on catching her eye through out the night and guess what I do nothing about it so nothing happens.

Unfortunately it's one of these situations where you're probably going to kick yourself for not taking any action over it.

If there's still some time you should get some contact going to keep you fresh in her mind. Get her e-mail address of MSN or something.

September's not too far away.

G'luck.

Advertisement