Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas RTE Guide price in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 13-12-2008 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,075 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought the Christmas issues of the RTE Guide and the Radio Times in Dundalk. Radio Times is £2.10 in UK but I paid €3.75 waay over the exchange rate but there is probably some sort of explanation.

More mystifying is the price of the RTE Guide €3.40 here but in Northern Ireland (printed on the cover) £2.20 which equals around €2.50. I e mailed RTE to ask why, waiting for a reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The major reason for the difference in price is due to V.A.T.. The UK doesn't charge VAT on magazines, whereas, we charge 13.5% on most magazines (21% if it's a partwork etc)

The sterling rate is very volitile at the moment. The rate used was probably around 1.30 as that is the average rate for the last 2 months was around 1.25

Advertisement