Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGHHH!!

• 13-12-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

dropped my phone in a glass of Vodka and Coke tonite.....chances of it ever working again?? was only in for about 2 seconds and i immediately removed the battery and sim card and dried them.phone hasnt worked so far and i just wonder will it work again??? i love my phone and i dont wanna lose it....its a nokia E65

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Put the phone into the hotpres if you can or dry it with a hair dryer.Same thing happened to my sony ericson k850i,except I spilt tea on it,I put it in the hotpress for a day and although it would act wonky every now and then like turn itself off and freeze,Its actually working ok now and hopefully it will stay that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Put the phone into the hotpres if you can or dry it with a hair dryer.Same thing happened to my sony ericson k850i,except I spilt tea on it,I put it in the hotpress for a day and although it would act wonky every now and then like turn itself off and freeze,Its actually working ok now and hopefully it will stay that way.

hahaha hair dryer has somehow made it worse...it seems to have burned the inside of the screen....ah well....whatever slim chance i had of fixing it is now well and truly gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

kev_s88 wrote: »
    hahaha hair dryer has somehow made it worse...it seems to have burned the inside of the screen....ah well....whatever slim chance i had of fixing it is now well and truly gone :(

Your only chance would've been washing it straight away with purified/distilled water. Now all the sugary goodness has most likely destroyed it ... You need to switch to one of those coffee mugs with a lid ;) btw - what WERE you drinking the vodka from that you managed to drop an e65 into it?
    Sorry, my condolences :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

must have been a big vodka glass, my e65 got a fair auld battering and drowned in cider a few times, is it just your screen that's gone, is there any sign of life in the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

strecker wrote: »
    Your only chance would've been washing it straight away with purified/distilled water. Now all the sugary goodness has most likely destroyed it ... You need to switch to one of those coffee mugs with a lid ;) btw - what WERE you drinking the vodka from that you managed to drop an e65 into it?
    Sorry, my condolences :(

haha yeah the vodka was in a pint glass....and worse still it was lime vodka so my phone actually smells really nice now... :(
    must have been a big vodka glass, my e65 got a fair auld battering and drowned in cider a few times, is it just your screen that's gone, is there any sign of life in the phone?

nah theres no sign of life at all.im afraid its gone.....im gonna give it a proper burial and stick it in one of those flaming boats and set it out to sea :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

try putting phone in some rice as rice will soak up and water left in it. Uncooked rice now! give it a try

Advertisement