Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box 360 Controller

Options
  • 13-12-2008 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Being a pc gamer i am completely out of touch with console peripheral prices, How much roughly do you see a standard cabled xbox360 controller for? Even a rough idea will help? :)

Ideally if you knew how much Gamestop charged as it is the main retailer available although I am sure they could be acquired elsewhere possibly even in the tech section of tescos or xtra-vision, I really don't know anything about console pricing anymore :P Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Edit: It strikes me now with the benefit of hindsight that I placed this in the wrong category, or at least not the one best suited, but don't let that stop you helping :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

You should be able to pick one up in a shop for €40 ... if you can find a shop that sells them still ...not as easy as you would imagine . I bought a Madcatz version in Zavvi for €30 and it works perfect . The wireless ones sell in shops for €50 and these are what most stock .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Adventsparky

Basically I just want it for on the pc for certain games eg driving or sports, So the wireless controller doesn't work natively does it? Does anyone know? I thought only the original controller worked on the pc without a lot of messing around. Again,I could be wrong, feel free to correct me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yes the wireless one works natively... seriously 1 minute of googling and you'd of had your answer.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=wireless+360+controller+with+windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Careful, the 360 pad is not the best due to its horrible d-pad. Personally I'd choose a 7 euro gamestop pad over a 360 pad any day due to the d-pad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

24.99 i got my 360 pad in gamestop. plus, i quite like the d-pad. best current gen controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

There is no worse D-pad then the 360 one. Otherwise it is a solid pad imo. Although I personally would rather the left stick and the D-pad were in the proper places.

But I suppose they just have to be different.

Thats why this pad is a good idea :

saiteksybrg3600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Well I use it for driving so the D-pad doesn't really matter to me , so i like the design .

Advertisement