Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oregon wine

Options
  • 13-12-2008 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi

I need to get some Oregon wine,havent found anywhere that stocks it. They basically have Californian and thats it (of the American wines anyway). Any idea's where i'll be able to get it?? i've had a look online and cant find it on any irish sites, i know i could probably buy it from a bigger British site but that will cost loads to be delivered and not guaranteed to be here for xmas

Any help gratefully apprectiated :)

Im in Dublin btw

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Hi Niamh,

I think this will be hard to find in Ireland. We only have Californian and I haven't come across Oregon wine in the trade as yet. Try www.majestic.co.uk I think they deliver to Ireland for an extra fee.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Hi Matt

thanks for your reply. I wasnt expecting it to be this difficult to find. I should have bought i case load when i was over there and had it shipped back had i known.

I've been told i might be able to get it in Berry Bro's and Rudd, so ill keep my fingers crossed!!

Great selection of wines on your site btw.

Thanks
    Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

For E55, you can buy Drouhin's Pinot Noir from Oregon from Donnybrook Fair (D4). Not cheap, but it's a respected wine, and it only works out at E9 per glass, which is around what you'd pay for six decent glasses of wine in a wine bar.

Berry Brothers sell "Cuvee Laurene" from the same producer, also from Oregon, for just E30.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Hi rediguana

Thanks for your reply.

I managed to find one Oregon wine in the McHugh's off licence near me, Firesteed Pinot Noir €20. Tried it last night and it was really good so ill be stocking up on that i think.

I'll definitely give the 2 you suggested a try though.

Thanks
    Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 robertfrancis

Hi Niamh

Cases Wine Warehouse in Galway stocks two oregon wines from Evolution wine - a 9 grape white blend and mad red blend.

They are both really good wines expensive at over 20 euros a bottle but cheaper then the Drouhin. They also have Firesteed Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris

They ship nationwides so I am sure that they will be able to help !

Laters
    Frank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 1carrot2

Sokol Blosser wines from Oregon are being imported by a company called High Spirits in Rathfarnham. They make the Evolution wine mentioned above and a red called Meditrina. Both would sell for about 18 to 20 euro. Also, Firesteed also do a Pinot Gris white and a more expensive Pinot Noir (€30ish). Your local OL should be able to source these for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 robertfrancis

Hey Niamh,
    Icarrot is correct on the importers of the Evolution but his prices are a little high on the firesteed - Liberty Wines are the importers here and I think that fallon & byrne have these in dublin.

Please note that the evolution is off dry so if that is not your cup of tea then I would head for the Firesteed pinot gris - dry with pears and citrus good solid finish.

The pinot is very subtle as well ! Liberty Wines are very good distributors so Firesteed has pretty good availability.

Happy Christmas
    Frank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Some Tesco stores have reserve/special wines sections. Look for wood panelled section. Our Greystones branch had an Oregonian Pinot at one stage. Some O'Briens stores also and a few independents out there. Always v expensive though. If you got for €20, you did well. Great Pinots.

Advertisement